A senior individual contributor in a Technical Marketing role with a primary focus on driving technical integration, deployment, and adoption of NSX HCX (Hybrid Cloud) product. Key skill set requirements are technical right mix of vSphere and SDDC stack along with networking components such as VPN, routing and cross data center technologies. Diverse skills to operate in a matrixed environment with both a technical/business acumen to leverage available resource to best achieve results.
- Building deep integration with existing products portfolio and solution stack (VCF, VMC on AWS, Azure etc)
- Ability to connect dot finding dependency and passion to drive to build a customer centric solution.
- Validate, test and write the features/solution by collaborating with diverse domain experts (vSphere, VMC on AWS, Networking, Compute and storage)
- Working closely with sales and field on TOI, customer engagement and partner awareness
- Blog / publish designs on how HCX integrates with other VMware products
- Develops and documents strategies, policies and best practices for the customer
- At least 5 to 7 years of experience in VMware technologies and customer centric solutions building across On-prem / Off-prem environments
- Operational experience with working with migration of workload and cross data center technologies such as VPN, Overlay and routing
- Experience in at least two or three technologies areas such as vSphere, ESXi, Workload design, Networking, Hybrid Cloud connectivity options
- Extensive experience with multiple operating systems, Linux/Unix in particular
- Tenure in different functional organization such as Engineering, Marketing, Product Management and Sales to provide a balance of cross functional knowledge
- Self-motivated, problem solver that can “figure out what to figure out”. Must to be hands on
- Knowledge of Private/Hybrid cloud, AWS and Azure
- Deep technical knowledge of NSX and VSAN
- Structured design, coding, and testing experience
- Technical and Business Sales Acumen with excellent customer facing skills and ability to present to customers in field visit/EBC settings.
- Clear and concise documentation ability, t track record of dealing with engineering and product management
- Ability to resolve escalations as well as cross-organization issues and focusing on the end goal
- VMware Certified Design Expert or similar experience
- Travel as required
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-08-06
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.