Join CloudHealth by VMware and collaborate with bright, passionate people while supporting the incredible growth of a business unit dedicated to the fastest growing area of technology today. We’re adding new customers every day, and new employees every week, on our quest to solidify and expand our position as the premier Cloud Service Management leader under VMware.
We are looking for an experienced Revenue Accounting Manager to join our growing team and help us scale for the future, in a fast-paced environment that’s growing rapidly. The Revenue Accounting Manager will manage all aspects of the global order to cash process, including revenue recognition and reporting under ASC 606, in addition to deal desk activities, AR, credit and collections. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and embody a mindset of perpetual improvement that translates to process improvements as we continue to scale the business.
- Manage the deal desk and guide the Sales organization on contract negotiations
- Supervise and mentor a diverse team of accounting and deal desk professionals
- Oversee revenue accounting closing procedures including reconciliation of revenue, billings, deferred revenue, AR, and cash, as part of the financial month end close
- Ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies
- Review and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance of all accounting procedures; update applicable SOX documentation as necessary and support internal and external audits
- Manage cross functional, order to cash process and system initiatives to gain efficiencies and effectiveness, working closely with the Business Operations, Finance, Revenue, and Legal teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; MBA or MSA a plus
- CPA or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of progressive revenue accounting experience; startup or high-growth SaaS company experience a plus
- Experience managing teams with an emphasis on team development
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate across all levels of the organization
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Zuora/subscription billing and Salesforce.com experience a plus
Category : Finance
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-06-17
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.