The Path Forward Return to Work program at VMware is an 18-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 2 years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
Why would you enjoy this new opportunity?
VMware End-User Computing runs the worlds' largest Digital Workspace Platform- Workspace ONE. Our team manages Workspace ONE, the digital workspace analytics platform. We’re building an AWS-based cloud service that analyzes data across millions of devices and applications.
We’re investing heavily in areas such as analyzing end-user experience, resource optimization, and security. Our machine learning pipeline builds models off of this data to derive insights that power Workspace ONE. These insights are attached to a state-of-the-art automation engine to orchestrate actions between IT and security systems.
What is the primary need, technical challenge, or problem you will be responsible for?
Workspace ONE Applications group is looking for a technical program manager who will be able to help plan, execute, and deliver a delightful end user experience for our services and application end users. You must be results-oriented, capable of synthesizing and abstracting complex information into clear messages.
The position requires business and technical acumen, disciplined process management, problem solving skills, multitasking ability and attention to quality and detail. You will have experience driving cross-organizational issues and projects to resolution, excellent written and oral communications skills.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager for this role is Sang Kim, Sr. Director of Engineering responsible for Apps and SDK for End User Computing.
Sang is responsible for all management and productivity apps including Hub, Boxer, Web, Notebook, and other VMware apps. Sang’s group is also responsible for new and emerging apps within End User Computing, specifically focusing on digital workplace transformation.
Sang comes from program management background with a PMP certification and over 10 years of large program delivery. Program management is a critical role in delivering applications that are becoming more complex and more integrated efforts between multiple engineering teams.
The Work 2.0 initiative is a multi-year program that will support digital and physical workplace transformation that is accelerating this year across businesses and enterprises globally. The program manager will be responsible for overseeing activities across multiple teams to ensure integration planning, execution and delivery is well coordinated.
Program manager will also need to anticipate, identify, and mitigate risks to program delivery and communicate with teams and stakeholders of the program.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Manage large/complex systems integration program that includes service delivery and application delivery on multiple device/OS platforms.
- Create project schedule and execution plan with resource and material requirements.
- Make constant assessment of feature backlogs, service and app releases and quality to support decision making on product roadmap.
- Influence the internal and external program stakeholders in the assessment, planning and management of new projects.
- Anticipate roadblocks, escalate issues and drive resolution across a cross-functional team.
- Bring a Scrum process to engineering execution and program management
- Establish working relationship and rule of engagement with program stakeholders.
- Regularly prepare materials and present program status update to both customer teams and senior management teams
- Proven program management expertise in shipping mobile applications and/or cloud services in highly diverse and complex environments.
- Must be able to pull and manipulate data from Engineering tools to showcase progress, identify issues and help resolve them to ensure quality and timely releases.
- Demonstrated clear leadership skills and strong experience working with diverse project teams and account teams.
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to establish rapport and credibility within the cross-functional organizations.
- BS in Engineering with approximately 5 to 8 years related experience in software industry.
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Program Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-06-09
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.