CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Management and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. VMware is looking for a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for leading and growing the customer support team and delivering all technical support for the CloudHealth products globally. The Technical Support team reports into the broader Customer Success organization and supports the mission of ensuring customers achieve a positive business outcome, while having a great customer experience.
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You are an experienced “hands on” global leader who promotes a customer-centric support culture and seeks to ensure that every support interaction is best in class. You pride yourself on having a deep understanding of your product and what success looks like for the customer, while instilling with your team that customer satisfaction and success is the number one priority. You are passionate about building, leading and scaling a talented, agile, flexible and world-class SaaS support organization by using creative and innovated problem-solving skills and driving continuous improvement.
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
As the Director of Technical Support, you will provide day-to-day direction to and development of an existing Technical Support team based in Boston, MA, London, UK, Sidney, AU and Bangalore, India. Your first challenge will be to maximize satisfaction for our growing global customer base by scaling this team through ongoing professional development, process and systems enhancements, and expansion of the team.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Build and execute a plan to increase customer support maturity and demonstrate scale globally by meeting customer experience goals cost effectively.
- Partner with other Customer Success, Product Management, and Engineering leaders to drive a program to reduce the backlog of issues and drive a strategy around ticket avoidance.
- Align and integrate with the broader VMWare Global Support process where it makes sense.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Collaborate with leaders across Customer Success, Professional Services, Training, Engineering, Product Management and Customer Support to align and deliver support insights and identify action areas for operational improvement.
- Further define and enhance the end-to-end customer facing support experience by improving processes, systems and tools.
- Review, assess and report key metrics to CloudHealth leadership, taking appropriate actions to enhance the team’s ability to meet performance KPIs
- Review and measure the customers’ support experience to ensure adherence and compliance to quality of service goals and contractual service level agreements
- Direct, lead and coach direct reports including Managers, Team Leads and individual contributors.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The Director of Technical Support will report to the Senior Director, Global Customer Success, a seasoned and accomplished Customer Success professional with extensive SaaS and domain expertise, as well as strong leadership qualities and a record of accomplishment since joining CloudHealth.
In order to address the continual evolution of technology challenges our customers face, The Technical Support team is comprised of versatile support engineers and professionals dedicated to customer satisfaction with a passion for excellence, adaptability and intellectual honesty.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our pantries
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Technical Support
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-06-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.