Software Engineer: CloudHealth Services Integration Engineering Team
CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Management, and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. CloudHealth by VMware is looking for highly motivated individuals who will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service to ensure that customers, partners, and employees have a positive experience getting onboarding and ongoing training from CloudHealth.
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You have an analytical mind and a passion for the craft of software engineering, and you love solving problems and learning new things. Technologies come and go, but that excites you because of the endless possibilities it creates. You are looking for an opportunity to work for a company whose software is utilized by every Fortune 500 company and significantly impacts every industry. You want to be a part of a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers’ business objectives.
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
We need someone who can collaborate with Product Management and existing engineering teams to design, develop, and deliver software to facilitates the programmatic access to the CloudHealth services and their extensive information stores. These deliverables must provide a consistent, secure, scalable and easy-to-use interface that can be consumed by CloudHealth’s internal and external customers.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- You will be expected to produce software designs that define CloudHealth’s next generation service API and related infrastructure. These interfaces must meet VMware and industry standards, and provide a consistent programming model across multiple programming languages.
- You will define and develop APIs (REST and graphQL), SDKs and CLI interfaces that offer a consistent and secure access point to the CloudHealth platform. You will also deliver automated tests and documentation to support the adoption of these interfaces.
- You will be expected to work closely with other teams within VMware that need to consume CloudHealth features and ensure that their programmatic interface needs are met.
- You will be responsible for designing and delivering the supporting infrastructure functions to deliver your solutions at cloud-scale, including features such as usage tracking, throttling, monitoring and alerting.
- You will be regularly evaluated on the quality of the product you create and the code you write to ensure continued advancement of your technical skills in an environment that looks to expand them.
- As a member of the CloudHealth infrastructure group you will be expected to work with and contribute to its Kubernetes based microservices architecture, and all your deliverables must align with the group’s development and deployment standards.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As a new member of the Infrastructure Platform team (Atlas), you will:
- Work with the team and product management to review and refine delivery requirements
- Write technical design documents and hold reviews
- Participate in all team scrum ceremonies
- Develop and maintain software in Java and Scala that delivers on the team’s objectives
- Communicate with internal consumers of the team’s software and gather requirements and facilitate adoption of your solutions
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
This position reports to the Sr. Manager of the CloudHealth Infrastructure platform team, an experienced software engineer and manager who recently joined the organization after 5 years at Pegasystems where he helped lead that company’s transition from an on-premise to AWS based SaaS solution.
You will initially be part an established team that has a wide range of core platform responsibilities, but the expectation is that you will help blaze a new trail for the team and organization in the area of API based integration. This position, with its focus on programmatic interactions into the CloudHealth, is anticipated to eventually be the beginnings of a new team focused on APIs, SDKs related deliveries. This is a great opportunity for someone who likes to start new things and put their mark on a team and company.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our pantries
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-06-02
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.