VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. The company’s compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation to over 500,000 customers globally, aided by an ecosystem of 75,000 partners. This year VMware crossed $10B in revenue reporting a total of $10.811B for the fiscal year 2020. The Company is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and has over 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners worldwide.
VMware End-User Computing runs the world’s largest Digital Workspace Platform – Workspace ONE. With over 60,000 customers around the globe, our End-User Computing team is helping companies deliver work at the speed of life and our technologies are leading what's happening next for users across the enterprise, especially in these challenging times for the companies worldwide.
Our team builds, deploys and operates the AWS-based cloud service known as Workspace ONE Intelligence. Our goal is to transform the way customers interact with the digital workspace. We are passionate about rapidly developing high-quality software and applying automation and software engineering best practices to everything we do. Continuous improvement is part of our DNA.
We work with the latest AWS technologies and open source components. Our technology stack includes 15+ dockerized Java/Spring-based microservices and many AWS services including Lambda, Kinesis, Aurora, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Glue, and EMR/Spark.
As a member of the team, you'll have the opportunity to work with experienced, passionate, and fun-loving software engineers across Atlanta, Bangalore, Palo Alto, and Sofia.
Review the Workspace ONE Intelligence Series or Workspace ONE Intelligence Lightboard on YouTube to learn more about the platform we develop. You can also find information at https://www.vmware.com/products/workspace-one/intelligence.html.
Our team is seeking a skilled full stack engineer with proven technical skills and demonstrated sustained growth in his or her career. As such, you will be interfacing with product management, our UI team, and other groups within engineering to deliver the required solutions. You will participate in all phases of software development including requirements, design, coding, unit testing, debugging and performance tuning.
Day-to-day activities include:
- Designing and developing Spring-based microservices. These services may expose new APIs for customers or utilize a variety of AWS managed services (e.g., Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, S3).
- Designing and developing AWS lambdas. Lambdas are one of the key facilities that we use to move data around within our Data Pipeline.
- Delivering responsive, high performance and scalable user interfaces using the most cutting-edge frameworks
- Unit testing
- Automation testing. For features that you build, design and implement effective automation tests for our CI/CD pipeline.
- Instrumenting your code to collect metrics for monitoring and supportability
- Addressing issues found in the CI pipeline or production
- Code reviews (via Bitbucket)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in software development using Java
- Good system design and object-oriented design skills
- Experience with and solid understanding of SQL or NO-SQL datastores
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A high degree of “ownership” - the ability to determine what needs to be done and make it happen
- BS or MS in Computer Science
Strongly Desired Skills:
- Experience developing microservices
- Experience with the Spring Framework
- Experience deploying a global service in AWS
- Visual design and CSS
- Good grasp on usability and interaction design
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-04-23
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.