Are you playing a leadership role in your team? Do you work very expertly and routinely deliver the right things? Do you have a system-wide, architectural view of the solutions that your team builds? Are you a key influencer in your team’s strategy and contribute significantly to team planning?
A close-knit team of engineers who are all eager to take on big challenges. We have the luxury to use the latest cutting-edge technologies like Java 9, Spring 5, Angular 7.
Our software enables VMware’s Services & Sales teams to be their best, delivering high-quality solutions to our customers with extraordinary outcomes. We use Scrum, Kanban and test-driven development to meet business objectives, building our software incrementally, ship code continuously, and refactoring systems as needed. We strive to maintain a reasonable work-life balance on our team by setting the expectation that most work will be completed during core hours. If our business and culture sound like they might be a fit, we’d love to hear from you.
· Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience leading software development teams and products through multiple releases
· Good leadership, people management, and interpersonal skills
· Passion to coach others and share knowledge with your team
· Consistent track record of delivering high-quality software in a timely manner
· Deep understanding of core computer science fundamentals as algorithms, data structures, operating systems, distributed systems, and multi-threaded programming
· Ability to inspire and lead a group of senior engineers through the design and implementation phases of services and products that are developed in parallel
· Experience with at least one programming language as Java (preferred), C#, C/C++, etc.
· Excellent communication skills in English
You might also have:
· Experience in common Java frameworks such as Spring (Data, MVC, REST) and Hibernate
· Experience in writing automated end-to-end tests with Protractor, and unit tests with Karma
· Understanding of Maven or Gradle configurations for building, testing and running applications.
· Understanding of Webpack, Gulp.
· Opportunity to tackle tough problems while leading an elite engineering team
· Attractive compensation package with competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, and long-term incentives
· Individual career growth improved by learning and development programs, objective performance assessment based on results, and opportunity to work with international teams on various projects
· Healthy work environment with company sponsored medical insurance program, sport activities, and open communication
· Work-life balance tailored to your needs, paid vacation, paid sick leave, regular celebrations events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexua
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Product Dev Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-03-10
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.