The Business Operations team is responsible for supporting the CloudHealth by VMware Revenue team to deliver best-in-class BI, Data, and Analytic services to the business unit. The Team handles the day to day business operations including planning, performance reporting, process and policy standardization, people programs and communications.
In this role, you will be visible to executives, results-driven, and user-focused, transforming our business systems to enable the CloudHealth Business Unit to continue to scale. You will lead change for our business systems capabilities, including pricing, packaging, configuration, billing, payments, metrics, dashboard analytics, and subscription lifecycle management.
Job Role and Responsibility:
- Lead and manage highly talented 4-6+ individual contributors with varying degree of experience
- Develop, champion and execute our back-office vision, strategy and roadmap in support of organizations goals and objectives
- Identify new opportunities and improvements to SaaS back-office platform leveraging competitive analysis, leading SaaS practices, and customer/market research
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, user experience, application developers and engineering teams during discovery to assess value, usability and feasibility of feature requests
- Translate business requirements to SaaS to end-to-end offer to cash solution capability based on back office systems
- Develop short, mid and long-term SaaS commerce and back-office capability roadmap in partnership with business stakeholders
- Engage with multiple business stakeholders to ensure requirements and stories are assembled
- Write clear, concise documentation of planned and delivered features
- Help translate requirements and stories into IT and engineering specifications alongside business operations analysts and application developers
- Independently drive agreement on requirements and directions
- Act as the SaaS back-office champion, evangelizing the vision effectively to senior-level partners
- Navigate career development and growth of your team members
- Recruit and retain top talent engineers
- Evaluate performance of the engineers and provide regular feedback
- 5+ years working in the software industry with at least the last 2+ years’ experience in managing top notch software development teams
- Expertise in Quote to Cash business processes including quotes, orders, contracts, rate plans, usage mediation & rating, and invoicing
- Experience developing end-to-end capability by integrating different Salesforce and non-Salesforce solutions
- Experience with Offer setup, Subscription Management, billing, pricing, analytics, and monitoring preferred
- Experience operating in an agile scrum methodology
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Information Systems
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-03-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.