Ready to build? So are we. Come join VMware’s new exciting Modern Applications Business Unit (MAPBU) team, made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customers entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes.
Platform Architects are thought leaders in the field of cloud-native application development and have strong opinions on how large enterprises should build modern software applications. They help our customers succeed by driving outcomes measured by tangible improvements in their software delivery.
- Present the VMware Tanzu vision, value & strategy to executives and technical management using a variety of methods
- Ensure our customers succeed by working closely on different levels of abstractions; application frameworks, microservices, cloud solutions, containers, networking & infrastructure
- Continuously learn through experimenting hands-on with new tools and sharing of findings with team & community.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Marketing & Engineering to continually refine Pivotal products
- Evangelise to the business and software community via shared mediums incl. Social media, articles, conferences, meetups, etc.
- Have knowledge and experience with building & deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications
- Experience of whiteboarding complex concepts to a technical & business audience
- Knowledge of Agile & Lean methodologies and how they contrast with legacy practices
- Have an ability to collaborate and work interactively with our clients to ensure their successful deployment of VMWare Tanzu technology
- Have an ability to empathise with co-workers and clients
- Are technically curious with appetite to learn and master emerging technologies
- Are coachable and willing to learn in order to adapt to a changing environment
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: Yes
Posted Date: 2020-01-28
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.