Ready to build? So are we. Come join VMware’s new exciting Modern Applications Business Unit (MAPBU) team, made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customers entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes.
You are a Java expert, with experience and familiarity building Cloud based applications using Java; you have a strong background with Java and related developer frameworks and products like Spring.
- Experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and/or Spring Cloud Services.
- Recent experience building a microservices architecture/ distributed systems.
- Experience with XP, TDD, Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery.
- You are an Agile practitioner with 8+ years of software development experience, familiar with extreme programming, test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and related techniques.
- Great verbal communication skills. You are capable of public speaking and presenting in front of customers, at user groups, etc.
- Great written communication skills. You can clearly communicate complex technical concepts.
- Ability to work through problems with others. You are able to patiently work one-on-one with others to work through technical problems.
- Experience building distributed systems/ Cloud-Native application architectures.
- An understanding of – or implementation experience in – building Twelve-Factor applications, and using Domain Driven Design.
- You are a polyglot programmer (i.e. Kotlin, Ruby, C#, F#, Go, etc.)
- Bachelors or Masters degree and above
- Experience integrating with Netflix Open Source Platform components
- Experience with Cloud Foundry
- Experience with Concourse
- Help lead an immersive, best-practices program for building Cloud-Native applications
- Enable customers through doing it rather than talking about it
- Guide students through building applications and distributed systems running on Pivotal Cloud Foundry in a classroom like setting
- Teach the fundamentals of Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Concourse (CI/CD), Spring Boot, and Spring Cloud Services.
- Teach developers and architects to use agile/XP and techniques like TDD and CI/CD.
- Expose students to many of Pivotal’s core practices.
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends. Rotate onto internal software development teams and/or consulting engagements.
- Travel to select customers locations and international travel destinations
This role will require travel to and work at client’s sites all over London and Europe, however, you will only be required to be away 2-3 nights/3-4 days per week (back home Wednesday/ Thursday evening and work from home Thursday/ Friday. When you are not on a client site you can work from home remotely or the London office). As this role will be working across Europe, candidates will require the relevant right to work visa/work permit which is usually an EU passport.
Category : Services and Consulting
Subcategory: Solutions Architect
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: Yes
Posted Date: 2020-01-07
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.