Ready to build? So are we. Come join VMware’s new exciting Modern Applications Business Unit (MAPBU) team, made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customers entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes.
You have an interest in building our mission to drive a healthy business and culture within our Labs office. You have a strong passion for leading Agile, Lean and User-Centered Design methodologies to sell and execute on world-class product development.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and manage a local leadership team consisting of an associate director and managers
- Work collaboratively with Labs Executive leadership to define and reach targets such as revenue and utilization
- Partner with Sales and R&D teams to drive adoption of Pivotal software products, as measured by project-level adoption and product bookings and agile practices
- Partner with recruiting organization to define strategic approach to recruiting and support appropriate growth
- Act as a client liaison (CL) and support others CLs for engagements you are responsible for:
- Set-up clients and teams so that they can operate with a high degree of autonomy and self-organization
- Set and manage client expectations
- Potentially scale agile to work in parallel across many clients and many teams
- Stay updated on project health
- Play an active role in getting a project to a healthier place when not healthy
- Check in on project team morale
- Keep relevant client and Pivotal stakeholders updated on current status
- Ensure quality and best practices across all projects
- Manage staffing of team members on projects in collaboration with CLs
- Manage and communicate status of projects, gathering intelligence via Client Liaisons, clients, and Pivots for all teams
- Develop and maintain a healthy team by ensuring local management team has guidance and
- Manage office leadership team and coach reports based on 360 feedback and professional development plans
- Identify and support career development opportunities
- Promote Balanced Team at Pivotal: integrate and enrich development, product design, product management, and data science cultures internally
- Work effectively with the sales organization and ensure office leadership is qualifying sales leads and supporting Sales organization in closing business
- Advise all salespeople on how and when to sell product development services
- Create and negotiate proposals and SOWs
- Actively recruit and own relationships with Startup leads
- Keep relevant CRM systems updated (Salesforce, etc.)
- Represent Pivotal Labs in scopings, sales calls & follow ups
- Work effectively with the larger Pivotal Customer Success Organization (CSO) to ensure a consistent and supportive approach to client relationships.
- Have a deep understanding of the value add of our Product offerings and a cursive knowledge of their technical aspects. Understand where our Products can help customers and provide feedback to the Product teams on how our solutions can evolve.
- Reach out and represent Pivotal to relevant communities, and lead the conversation around our ideas and practices via blog posts, meetups, and conferences.
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence internal and potentially external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with CxO level personnel
- Must be effective working independently and in a team setting
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage competing demands
- Previous experience running a consulting business and working directly with clients in a delivery role specifically with a PM/Design/Engineering background
- Ability to travel at least 30% to customer locations
Total Rewards Package
Pay Range: 182,700 - 247,000 CAD
In addition to salary, our total rewards package also includes equity in the form of RSUs, comprehensive medical and disability benefits, employer match on RRSP, fitness reimbursement programs and more!
Category : Services and Consulting
Subcategory: Services Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-01-07
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.