CloudHealth by VMware provides the world’s most trusted software platform for accelerating business transformation in the cloud. More than 7,000 organizations and 180+ partners globally rely on CloudHealth to manage over $11B in combined cloud spend, based on the platform’s ability to easily manage cost, ensure security compliance, improve governance and automate actions across multi-cloud environments. CloudHealth is the platform of choice for leading enterprises and service providers, such as Intuit, Yelp, Dow Jones, Zendesk, and SHI. The company was acquired by VMware in October of 2018.
VMware is seeking a Technical Marketing Manager who can leverage their understanding of customer, market, and technology to help drive efforts to build, launch and market CloudHealth offerings. As a key member of the product marketing team, you will have a keen understanding of our customers and market and will use this knowledge to develop compelling technical value propositions and thought leadership. You should quickly gain a solid understanding of the user, influencers, buyers, and their decision criteria and how they relate to the technology and its core use cases.
You will develop technical collateral, demos, and act as an evangelist at public events and with internal groups. This role provides a rare opportunity to work in a startup-like environment with a tight team, grow an entirely new business for VMware, and work with large enterprise customers in their journey in the cloud.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Work with Product Marketing and Product Managers to design and develop product and solutions demonstrations.
- Own and deliver compelling messaging and positioning, reinforcing our core messages and driving brand awareness of CloudHealth as a leading multicloud management platform
- Create technical marketing content and sales tools needed to reach our partners and customers with a consistent and relevant message, including developing whitepapers, product guides and technical briefs.
- Help equip the revenue organization with the knowledge and tools they need to successfully communicate the CloudHealth value proposition to customers and prospects.
- Communicate customer requirements and provide input to product management on service improvements and future service direction
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ SaaS technical marketing experience for high-tech companies that target enterprise IT organizations
- Exceptional presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with executive and technical audiences.
- Proven track record of developing and delivering technical material aimed at educating customers, sales and partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to translate technology features into business benefits.
- Technical background, preferably in public cloud. Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts.
- Strong project & organization management skills with the ability to optimally structure and prioritize work
- BS in Computer Science or related technical degree required; MS/MBA a plus.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Dev Marketing
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-01-31
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.