Sr. Manager, Event Technology
We’re looking for an experienced Event Technology leader to spearhead the company’s event tech solution strategy and execution across several marquee customer and partner events (ranging from 500 to 25K attendees). This role is responsible for the entire set of event tech solutions and all related activities, including: registration, data management, payment management, content management, reporting & analytics, onsite registration, meetings management, scanning solutions, access controls and post-event lead nurture process. The ideal candidate will bring a broad set of event experiences and proven success in event tech management and the broader digital event journey, in addition to a broad awareness of the overall event tech landscape and solution options.
- Define strategy for event tech solutions; evaluate and select technology options that support needs of program, ensure a best-in-class experience for prospects/attendees through their digital journey, and deliver strong ROI for the company.
- Drive the development of business requirements for all related solutions.
- Manage the requirements and goals of various stakeholders, appropriately evaluate conflicting priorities and trade offs, and make sound business decisions that ensure best possible outcomes for the event.
- Plan and successfully manage the complex timeline of deliverables and launch dates of all event tech solutions.
- Partner with Event team colleagues to ensure all timelines/deadlines and business requirements are considered/met and coordinated across the full set of event activities.
- Partner effectively with supporting teams (e.g., Digital) to track prospect/attendee behavior throughout the entire event lifecycle and maximize opportunities for audience acquisition and engagement.
- Partner effectively with supporting teams (marketing ops and other corporate data teams) to create post-event lead nurture plans that align to attendee behavior and company priorities, maximizing sales opportunities and continued attendee engagement.
- Partner with supporting agencies to lead the onsite registration check-in, badging, materials pick-up and lead scanning operations to ensure executional success and positive attendee and stakeholder experiences.
- Successfully navigate vendor selection processes, contract negotiations, and scoping of services and timelines to meet all program requirements, on time and on budget.
- Deliver necessary reporting at required cadence to support finance, team members and other stakeholders.
- Create and apply system rules to manage fee schedules, discount/comp pass codes and quotas, session room quotas, etc.
- Hire, lead, inspire and develop event tech team members to achieve goals and deliver positive program outcomes.
- Successful tenure working on large-scale, customer/partner-facing events (preferred 15K attendee size or higher).
- Proven understanding of and ability to implement technical solutions for events. Must have successful track record of defining business requirements for and implementing core conference platform solutions (registration, content management, etc.).
- Ability to easily shift between strategic thinking and tactical execution.
- Superior project management skills.
- Strong problem solving and root-cause analysis skills.
- A self starter with ability to deliver, if not thrive, under pressure and adapt effectively to the constant changes and shifts in company and event priorities.
- Exceptional ability to build strong working relationships with and gain trust of numerous individuals from multiple vendors, across multiple time zones, to achieve all program goals.
- Strong communication skills, with ability to share program vision and plans effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Understanding of and ability to manage to the requirements of GDPR and other privacy policies as they relate to events and associated communications, privacy, data management, etc.
- Understanding of VMware and its solutions, or experience in a large, high-tech company with a similarly sophisticated set of product solutions.
- 6+ years experience in event management and 4+ years experience with event tech/digital management.
- 3+ years direct people management (including FTE and contractors).
- BS/BA degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Global travel expectations: 10-15%
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Marketing Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2019-12-04
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.