CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Service Management, and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. We are searching for dedicated and versatile engineering interns, who are passionate about working in a company whose culture is fanatical about innovation and fixated on delivering software products that solve our customers' most challenging business needs. As a Software Engineer Intern, you'll have the opportunity to make a significant and direct impact on our products, platform, and tackle some of the most complex challenges in cloud computing.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to design, develop, and publish software supporting a highly available, fault-tolerant SaaS platform
- Produce high quality and well-documented code in an automated CI/CD environment
- Contribute to relevant open source projects
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team
- Work in multi-functional Agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives
- Obsess over quality in the product you create, and the code you write
- Have a sense of humor (non-negotiable) and a strong motivation to advance your technical and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong conceptual knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
- Be working towards a BS Degree in Computer Science, or a similar technical field of study
Interest in one or more of the following areas:
- Distributed and parallel systems
- Information retrieval
- Large software systems
- Web application development
- Database management
- Cloud computing
- Cloud security
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in United States may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2019-11-26
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.