CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Management, and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. CloudHealth by VMware is looking for highly motivated individuals who will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service to ensure that customers, partners, and employees have a positive experience getting onboarding and ongoing training from CloudHealth.
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You enjoy working alongside other leaders to drive the future and strategy of a business unit. You are looking for an opportunity to develop and lead a global finance team and on in which you can be a strong cross-functional collaborator.
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
We need a dedicated and accomplished finance pro to be a thought leader that will drive operational efficiencies while serving as a champion for the financial health and success of our Global Business Unit. As the Director of Finance, you will serve as a key member of the executive team and provide input to management peers regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
Immediately and in an ongoing manner you will:
- Provide strategic input to shape the BU’s business objectives and partner with the broader VMware Finance & Strategy team
- Consult with key stakeholders to provide strategic financial insights, clarity and understanding of our SaaS Business model and recommendations.
- You will be evaluated by the soundness and success of the recommendations implemented as well as the overall financial effects they have on the health of the business unit.
- Deliver financial analyses and results in updates for and to the CloudHealth Executive Team and extended VMware Leadership / Finance Teams.
- Regularly be evaluated on the quality and accuracy of your work and the impact it has on the business unit.
- Lead, enhance and mentor the CloudHealth Finance team (overseeing FP&A, Accounting and Deal Desk functions), including being willing to work side-by-side with your team while balancing the need to work on strategic initiatives.
- Be evaluated by the ongoing growth and success of your team and their contributions to the business.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As part of CloudHealth’s world-class Finance organization, you will:
- Manage the annual budgeting and planning process; prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; forecasting revenue and expenses; recommending plans.
- Collaborate with the Products FP&A team and other parts of VMware Finance to enhance the function’s contribution to the company. Share best practices, identify gaps, lead change and help determine priorities.
- Assist in system enhancements and continuous process improvement efforts in collaboration with Business Operations Team.
- Ensure SOX compliance and related reporting to broader VMware Finance Team
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager for this role is an accomplished executive who has provided the thought leadership, vision and strategy that has driven our explosive growth.
The Business Unit leadership team is made of up versatile and savvy professionals who are ready to take CloudHealth is the next level. willing and able to learn new technologies. With the technology and competition in our space constantly evolving over time, we are committed to hiring those with an ambition to lead, strong business acumen, superb communication abilities and intellectual honesty.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our pantries
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : Finance
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-04-27
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.