CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Service Management, and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. We are searching for a highly driven and versatile support engineer who will be responsible for providing world-class technical support for our customers in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
You should possess a strong technical background with experience in supporting cloud computing products, services, and solutions as well as a willingness to be customer facing and work with our customers around the globe. Be a part of a growing international team at an innovative technology company experiencing striking growth in the market.
Job Role and Responsibility
- Triage, troubleshoot, escalate, and/or provide resolution to customer support tickets.
- Reproduce, document, and call out product defects to the Engineering team.
- Provide deep triage level support for Engineering prioritization of inbound and existing tickets and running daily triage standup with Engineering teams
- Effectively communicate customer feedback and feature requirements to Engineering and Product Management.
- Identify commonly asked questions and generate knowledge base articles based on this content.
- Utilize product domain expertise to serve as a trusted technical advisor to customers.
- Lead projects with other Technical Support teams globally to support and operate the global technical support model
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and training to other Technical Support team members
- Take the lead in managing customer escalations and be comfortable holding customer facing meetings on short notice.
- Work in conjunction with our Technical Account Management team to assist with customer onboarding
Key Technical Skills
Current working knowledge of …
… at least one O.O. language. Prefer Ruby/Java
… at least one ORM. Prefer Ruby ActiveRecord
… at least one web application framework. Prefer RoR
Shell scripting – bash preferred
Advanced Linux – utilities, file systems, file compression, command line, text processing
Scripting language eg. Python, Ruby,
Web Application architecture, design, and troubleshooting in particular SaaS delivered applications.
Big Data technologies. Map/Reduce, Scala, Apache Spark, ETL, Kafka
Data representation language - JSON, YAML
REST API design, operation, call debugging, performance
Data storage, retrieval, and query. SQL RDBMS, Elastic Search, S3 Object storage
AWS/GCP/Azure/Oracle Cloud/DataCenter experience
AWS stacks– Load Balancers, Route53, RDS, Web Servers, Redis, S3, EMR, ElastiCache
SSO – A.D., SAML, Auth0 or similar SSO service
Application Log analysis and tools
On-Prem software – data collection and reporting agents. Linux and Windows
Networking – TCP/IP, Packet analysis, SSL protocols and debugging
MicroServices and SOA
MQ – AMQ, Rabbit
Management tools (ZenDesk, Salesforce). Engineering JIRA, Confluence.
CD Tools - Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory
Production Performance Monitoring and alerting tools - Rollbar, DataDog, WaveFront
Agile Methodologies – Scrum, Kanban
Containers and Orchestration – Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos
Demonstrated self-starting continuous learner
Able to translate between and empathize with engineering, support, customer, manager personas and motivations
Experience Triaging and investigating reported product defects.
Demonstrates strong logical troubleshooting skills
Synthesizes and derives facts from complex and sometimes emotion-driven issues
Tackles tough issues and works through obstacles.
Understands support process flow - intake, tiers, queue mgmt., ticketing, communication, escalation, resolution
Prioritize and escalates issues objectively
Communicates well – verbal and written
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills as a go-getter with a lot of intellectual curiosity.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in daily support ticket triage and prioritization with Engineering
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work in remote environments
- Proven ability to remotely troubleshoot and resolve customer software problems.
- 13+ years of providing technical support for enterprise customers.
- Finance and data analytics experience preferred
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute, or Microsoft Azure. AWS CSAA or equivalent certifications are highly regarded.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field preferred, or equivalent technical certifications and experience.
- Experienced in the definition and implementation of global or regional projects
- Experience administering the CloudHealth platform
- Experience leading global team projects and operations
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Technical Support
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2019-11-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.