CloudHealth by VMware is the recognized worldwide leader in the growing Cloud Management industry. We partner with many of the largest enterprise cloud consumers in the world, serving more than 7,000 customers, and managing almost $10B in public cloud spend.
Our comprehensive Cloud Management Platform helps companies and partners of all sizes to transform the way they do business by analyzing, visualizing and optimizing their public, hybrid, and private cloud environments for cost, security, automated operations and broad governance. By focusing on innovative technology, a deep understanding of our customer’s pain, and a fundamental desire to continuously improve, we have driven a highly successful SaaS business.
We are looking for someone with prior experience and thought leadership to define and lead the growth of the Program Management function in our Product Group.
In this role, you will:
- Define and drive the future direction of our Program Management function
- Orchestrate large-scale Cloud Engineering projects that may require active participation, coordination, dependency management and communication across multiple teams
- Drive program success by developing milestones and holding leads and teams accountable for deliverables
- Develop key processes, and iterate, improve and optimize them to scale
- Provide expert and actionable guidance on development best practices – teams can look to you for crafting sound plans to make progress
- Provide overarching governance over all deliverables across our most complex product and technology projects
- Manage the expectations, demands, and priorities of multiple internal stakeholders based on overarching vision and success for overall program
- Proactively identify potential issues and inefficiencies that need to be quickly resolved; ensuring that all active Product and Engineering portfolio programs are tracked with clear, concise, and precise status; and be consumable by cross-functional stakeholders
- Communicate frequently and broadly with all levels of the organization, from our Executive team, through all layers of management, and to individuals.
- Govern our Customer Champions program to ensure strong advocacy within the Product Group
- Govern the use of Product Group metrics that determine “how we’re doing”
Successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a technology company
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience close to an organization building and maintaining a SaaS product
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively with people in all roles/teams with a keen ability to adapt to fast-changing nature of SaaS market, and can pivot and learn quickly
- Ability to develop and track detailed project plans, schedules, dependencies and identify critical paths and bottlenecks to avoid delays.
- Ability to proactively identify risks, issues and drive their resolution.
- Attention to detail with superb listening/speaking and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong analytics, with a data-driven approach to decision making
- BS or BA degree, with a strong plus for computer science /engineering
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Program Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2019-10-30
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.