VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
About Global Compliance Services (GCS) – Global Velocity Program
Our mission as Global Compliance Services is to monetize revenue leakage via audits and provide sales & renewals with enablement services worldwide. The GCS organization is comprised of a team of licensing experts (Engagement Managers), Global Velocity, Technical Services, and VCPP Compliance. Our goal for the Velocity program is to enable growth by providing compliance services through low-touch audits for SMB (small and midsize business) customers and partners in all verticals, and in all countries while automating, simplifying, and improving our processes to ensure that the operational infrastructure is scalable, efficient, and fit for purpose for the evolving GCS Velocity business.
We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter with extraordinary multi-tasking and analytical skills. This internship is an excellent opportunity to learn and grow in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will have a coach who will mentor and guide you throughout your internship to help ensure you gain maximum value from the experience. You will work collaboratively with global teams and will be responsible for one or more strategic projects that will have tangible value for the GCS business.
Responsibilities may include:
- Consolidating and refreshing operational process maps for each process of the Velocity program and creating a high-level process flow chart of the end-to-end process
- Mapping and establishing a framework for a Deployment database in SharePoint/QuickBase for all GCS reviews including end user audits, Velocity audits, and ELAOs (Enterprise License Agreement Optimization)
- Improving the Velocity SharePoint platform, e.g. indexing, categorizing, and improving user interface for a more intuitive user experience
- Executing project management activities including gathering requirements, defining scope, priorities, and objectives by actively engaging with management and internal GCS teams
- Crafting compelling content and PowerPoint presentations for business reviews
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in BIS/MIS, Business Administration, Operations Management, or a relevant field of study
- MS Office Product Suite prowess
- Excellent social and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Project management skills and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask and excel in a dynamic environment
- Strong work ethic and a sense of responsibility
- Positive and strong relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Outlook, SharePoint, IBM Blueworks, Salesforce.com
- Advanced Excel (Macros) and PowerPoint
*Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the U.S. may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-01-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.