98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
VMware’s Commercial Legal Team is seeking a talented, dynamic, hands-on Legal Intern to be part of our Government, Education and Healthcare Legal team in Reston, VA. VMware’s market-leading and evolving businesses routinely present complex legal challenges that demand creative solutions and allow each member of the department to impact the business. As a Legal Intern you will have an opportunity to work with a team of dedicated legal professionals who support the company’s sales to the public sector. As a Legal Intern you will:
- Gain exposure to many functional areas within VMware that provide transactional support for public sector software licensing, services and cloud businesses;
- Have an opportunity to collaborate with the Legal team to help develop real world solutions to complex legal issues;
- Work on projects that provide exposure to the different business needs and issues our legal team confront each day, with an emphasis on how the interplay of government acquisition regulations, compliance and policy determines how the government procures information technology and cloud services from VMware and its partner ecosystem;
- Assist the Legal team in assessing the regulatory framework governing the Healthcare industry, including issues regarding data privacy, cybersecurity, and electronic protected health information covered under HIPAA security regulations; and
- Work alongside team members who offer their own skills and ideas, allowing you to broaden your knowledge and capabilities.
- Current Law Student attending an accredited U.S. law school (rising 2L or 3L)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to distill complex issues clearly and communicate well both one-on-one and in groups
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to conduct independent research and summarize findings in a concise and coherent manner
- MS Excel, Access, Oracle or related systems and tools skills
- Effective presentation skills
- High interest level in government contracting and the legal issues surrounding information technology, cloud computing, cybersecurity and data privacy
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the United States may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2019-12-06
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.