98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Our organization supports VMware's Finance function with platforms and systems capabilities. We are transforming our software delivery practices in order to bring in greater agility. We also use mobile and IoT technologies to deliver new digital experiences for employees, customers and partners. As a summer Intern in the IT finance organization, you will participate in designing VMware's next-generation Subscription Billing Platform to support VMware’s SaaS Initiatives using cutting edge technology. You will be able to comprehend existing business processes and application architecture and demonstrate your technical and analytical capabilities to propose a new automation opportunity in SaaS billing processes with a combined POC development. You will team up with a geographically distributed team of Engineers, Product Managers, QA and DevOps staff in Palo Alto and Bangalore. You will bring your domain expertise and creativity and drive the adoption of new technologies to address improvement of business efficiencies.
As an Intern at VMware, you’ll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems. You’ll take ownership of meaningful, big-picture work and springboard an impactful career. Become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You’ll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events. Responsibilities could include:
• Conduct independent data analysis to understand and identify AI automation opportunities in the SaaS subscription management life cycle of a finance application
• Derive a narrative through rapid prototyping and design thinking that spans from idea generation through direct customer interaction
• Help our product teams gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps, and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
• Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field (must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship)
• Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
• Passion for solving challenging, impactful problems
• Strong programming and coding fundamentals in C/C++ and Python
• Think strategically, execute tactically.
• Experience building simulations and conducting testing for industry or research
• Experience with data processing and analysis using high level tools (Matlab) and software frameworks
• Creative approach to solving problems (think outside the box).
• Communicate persuasively while using data and your insights to present recommendations and ideas.
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the U.S. may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2019-10-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.