98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Our organization supports VMware's Finance function with platforms and systems capabilities. We are transforming our software delivery practices in order to bring in greater agility. We also use mobile and IoT technologies to deliver new digital experiences for employees, customers and partners. As a Member of Technical Staff, you have to participate in developing VMware's next-generation Subscription Billing Platform to support VMware’s SaaS Initiatives. You will be able to comprehend existing application architecture and demonstrate the technical capabilities to design distributed architecture and deploy at enterprise scale. You will team up with a geographically distributed team of Engineers, Product Managers, QA and DevOps staff in Palo Alto and Bangalore. You will bring your high energy and technical expertise in application development and drive the adoption of best practices as we build a scalable Billing platform for the long-term.
- Participate in the technical design and development of the Subscription Billing Platform with future needs, scalability, and industry leading best practices in mind
- Drive cloud native application development within IT
- Deliver robust, fault tolerant, production ready code
- Work with geographically distributed team comprised of Architects, Functional SMEs and QA.
- Author technical design documents and collaborate with other developers/QA team members to achieve desired outcomes
- Be willing to learn about existing IT platforms as well as new market offering in the domain
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or relevant field of study.
- Results-driven mindset with the ability to multitask and navigate through ambiguity
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, incl. good communication with the ability to articulate ideas in a precise and concise manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in collaborative, cross functional, and multi-cultural teams
- Exposure of APIs/Microservices development
- Exposure to ERP systems
- Full stack development experience Java / Spring / Rabbit MQ
- Single-page web application architecture
- SQL Database (Oracle, MySOL); NoSQL Database (MongoDB)
- Continuous Development and Integration (CD/CI), Automated Deployment Strategies
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: New Graduate
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2019-10-03
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.