Zurich, SwitzerlandApply Now
Why work for VMware Pre-Sales System Engineering Switzerland as a Solution Architect?
As part of the global VMware family the VMware Pre-Sales System Engineering Team in ALPS (Switzerland & Austria) is focusing on building a clear understanding of our technologies within the customer base. We are working towards the target of getting trusted advisor status for our major accounts and partners. We are dedicated to the satisfaction and success of our customers and their strategy supported by VMware Solutions.
We are committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in your area of interest within the VMware Technologies. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a fun, dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
As a Pre-Sales Solution Architect, you will acquire an intimate understanding of our customers’ business, their strategic goals and the specific requirements of Software-Defined Datacenter, End User Computing, Containers and many other modern technology topics. You will demonstrate the technical abilities of the consulting team and will propose, drive and lead a solution that assists the customer in achieving their business goals and outcomes.
You are a solution expert with broad knowledge across the VMware technology stack and of 3rd party integrated products.
You work either on site at customer locations within Switzerland & Austria or remotely from your home office.
You will take ownership of business outcome of driving customers understanding VMware Technologies & Solutions:
- Consulting our customers with technical contribution and guidance within the Enterprise customer segment
- Collecting and designing required solutions for our customers
- Solution validation/Technical feasibility analysis
- Impact analysis of change requests/scope change
- Technical Governance
- High Level Conceptual design
- Quickly identifying Organization/Structure/Culture changes required to support a successful project or post delivery outcome and ability to tactfully articulate the changes required for the benefit of the customer.
- Quickly recognize and understand customer business processes which integrate with project inputs and outputs and is ability to make recommendations for areas of improvement.
- Work with our account managers on project budgets and all aspects of efficient delivery.
- You will actively drive practice activities such as:
- Seeking out opportunities to teach others; coach team members to achieve higher performance
- Intellectual property collection and creation
- IP Creation
- Pre-Sales (LOE, Deal Governance)
- Peer Reviews
- Drive Efficiencies in Delivery Model
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware Solution stack and cloud concepts
Required Experience & Skills
- You live in Switzerland or intend to move to Switzerland and have the ability to travel approx. 30-50% as needed within Switzerland
- Experience in customer-facing positions as a solution architect, consultant or engineer, preferably with an IT consulting firm or a software vendor
- Several years recent experience in architecting and designing IT Solutions, Automation, Private & Public Cloud Solutions
- Bachelors or Masters degree or equivalent technical training
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in German &English. French is a benefit.
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Ideally experienced in customer facing consulting activities
- Deep understanding of VMware Solutions
- TOGAF experience is a benefit
- Understanding of customers ITIL processes and how the “real” IT world ticks
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub