Services Sales Architect
Zurich, SwitzerlandApply Now
The Solution Architect works with our strategic account base to create a transformation strategy that’s in strong alignment to their business goals and is actionable, fundable, and measurable. Develop SDDC solutions linking technology, data and applications to current and future business needs, using recognized IT architectural practices. Advise clients on issues related to the solution design and deployment including complexity trade-offs and technical and business process impact based on in-depth experience and knowledge of the Industry and VMware’s products.
Expertise in Change Management and Transformation of the full complement of People, Process and Technology is critical to crafting a series of transformation work streams and work packages aligned to the customer’s long term strategy. Work with selected customers to develop a complete SDDC &NSX strategy, inclusive of business alignment (the WHY), future state definition and measurements (the WHAT) and transformation execution (the HOW). Prepare project proposals which include the business requirements, technical requirements and appropriate solution stating the delivery times and schedules for the design, development and testing of the solution components.
- Maintain current and in-depth knowledge of the VMware SDDC products and also maintain proficiency in VMware service offerings, value propositions, and representative case studies
- Drive the discovery process to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements
- Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the customer, third parties and the project teams
- Ensure that propositions are technically sound, deliverable, competitive and representative of market leadership in the application of technology to addressing business issues
- Ensure that propositions cover the full end to end SDDC transformation inclusive of VMware technology, ecosystem solutions and the complementary people and process changes
- Ensures effective client engagement and stakeholder management during assignment
- Build and maintain engagements on accounts agreed with management within the assigned territory
- Define, develop and implement actions according to account plans on accounts with account teams
- Drive business development to support presales activities
- Develop new business opportunities on focused accounts
- Adhere to VMware sales process and methodologies on all opportunity pursuits
- Participate in account relationship and issue management activities
- Assist with the development and presentation of key information at VMware sponsored customer and partner events
- Support the enablement of VMware channel partners
Performance objectives for the role:
- The success of the Solution Architect will be measured by the revenue performance within the assigned territory.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Extensive business development experience in a pre-sales environment
- Strong technical solutions architect, including time supporting sales and managing technical staff and implementations
- In-depth experience and knowledge of data center virtualization and VMware’s products
- Solid experience in major projects including architecture and design of complex environments
- Strong presentation, executive client management and business development skills
- Ideally possess experience in an industry vertical (Telco, Financial Services, Healthcare, etc.)
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub