Push Us. Amaze Us. Inspire Us.
Careers in Engineering
We are intellectual mavericks, pioneers, game-changers, and doers of the extraordinary, on a mission to create cloud, mobility, security, and virtualization solutions that will reach millions of users around the world. At VMware, our people are empowered to succeed and are valued for their innovative contributions as we revolutionize the IT industry.
Are you ready to join us?
Software Engineer - Cloud ManagementJob ID R1904199 Date posted 03/20/2019
VMware Inc., a pioneer in virtualization software, is seeking Engineer with large scale distributed systems expertise for the VMware Cloud Management’s Engineering Services team.
The Cloud Management group charter is to create platform, products and cloud services that deliver availability, performance, capacity and cost management of hybrid environments running anything from traditional to cloud-native workloads. The Cloud Management platform is the underlying infrastructure that provides stats collection, event handling and health management of objects. The Cloud Management SaaS and on-prem solutions rely on the Cloud Management platform to allow customers to do intelligent operations management, increase velocity by optimizing applications, decrease downtime, and radically reduce time to resolve issues. They are rapidly redefining metrics monitoring for the next generation of hybrid architectures by using a massively scalable approach that provides real-time processing of high-frequency system measurements.
This is an exciting area to work with multiple products and services in the pipeline in fast-paced work culture. Does working on cutting-edge enterprise products and services that solve large, real-world distributed systems problems and delivering them on a daring schedule motivate you? Then this job is for You!
Job Role and Responsibility:
As part of the VMware Cloud Management R&D team, you will work on full-time basis with the team of Engineers, developing the real-time data collection/processing and visualization system. You will make key technical architecture and development decisions while maintaining a very hands-on development role.
• Contributes in defining vision for their technical area
• Improves operational efficiency
• Has broad distinguishing technical expertise
• Develops innovative ideas and solutions for complex problems and projects
• Encourages innovation, creative thought and new ideas and / or solutions
• Performs independent analysis of a complex workload and initiates performance improvements in one or more subsystems
• Provides assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems
• Participates in development of long-range planning for new projects and facilities
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
• Good object-oriented architecture and design skills, with a working knowledge of data modeling and design patterns
• Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming languages ( C++/Java/C#)
• Ability to learn new programming languages quickly
• Good knowledge of mathematical and statistical principles and formulas
• Complete understanding of both Agile and Traditional SDLC: requirements analysis, implementation, unit testing, peer reviews, code reviews and integration management
• Ability to work in a team environment in close cooperation with other members of the company’s team worldwide
• Knowledge of database technologies as well as networking and operating systems from the software engineering perspective
• Knowledge and experience in structural design of rich, intuitive, modular and interactive graphical user interfaces
• Knowledge of cloud architecture reliability, resiliency, scaling and management principles and experience working with AWS, GCE or Azure cloud infrastructures is highly appreciated
• Background in statistical analysis and/or modeling
• Knowledge of theoretical and applied informatics
• Ability to investigate and resolve resource/feature/time conflicts
• Ability to manage and realize problem solutions within a specified time range
• Demonstrable creativity and analytical thinking
• Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff
• Excellent command of English (oral and written)
• Strong documentation skills
Education: B.S. in Computer Science, Math or Physics
Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 6 years of related experience.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 20 calendar days paid vacation, 5 days company paid sick leave, regular team buildings and celebrations
- All VMware people and all applicants for employment will be treated fairly and given equal opportunity in all aspects of employment including compensation and benefits, irrespective of their race, color, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or ethnic origin
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.