Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Enterprise Account ManagerJob ID R1903637 Date posted 03/13/2019
Are you up for the challenge? Change is a constant for all organisations, and the pace of change is growing more now than ever before. The dependency and complexity of IT systems can hinder or improve an organisation in the successful achievement of their goals. Flexibility and speed are key, and at VMware, we have developed the key platforms businesses require for success.
At VMware, customers are transforming their businesses and experiencing the advantages of the VMware Software Defined approach to technology, including Cloud, IoT, Security, Digital Workspace and the Software Defined Data Centre.
The critical relationship between strategic customers and VMware is our enterprise account team, who work with these customers to hear their challenges, define capabilities they are looking for and collaborate with our esteemed engineering team to drive business outcomes. Our team are leaders with vision in the business, guiding customers, partners and team members to achieve their goals.
VMware’s culture is part family and part winning team. We are a modern company and equal opportunity employer where we celebrate your individuality in our inclusive culture. We support flexible working, where outcomes are considered more important than how they are achieved.
- Build and bring to bear the extensive partner community that will readily support you in delivery of customer success.
- Discover the metrics by which a customer runs their business, the strategies they will deploy to run those indicators, the initiatives they undertake to execute the strategy and finally the capabilities they will need for that execution to be successful. Key to this process is you and how you will bring VMware to be the key partner.
- You can encourage, inspire and drive an account strategy with some of New Zealand's strategic corporates with the goal of targeting and closing a pipeline for differential VMware revenue.
- Build, develop, access and grow strong executive level relationships in IT and the business with in your accounts that drive your success.
- Establish highly strategic, thoughtful plans with your VMware team to support you within the existing framework of VMware’s metrics oriented business model. Promote team collaboration to bring about the art of the possible for the customer.
The enterprise experience that gives success:
- You need 8-10 years or more experience in technology sales (FSI experience is an advantage) with growing levels of responsibility
- You have documented track record of success in a lead sales role
- Do you have a background operating in a similar matrix work environment?
- Are you confident engaging at all levels and particularly with C level executives in leading global organisations and building relationships?
- A proven use of sales methodology and techniques.
- A proven base of knowledge in broad Business and IT strategy & operations.
- Selling software platforms (including 1 or more product and services) that deliver specific business value to customers.
- Collaborating with partners to bring additional customer value.
Strengths we believe you need:
- Self-starter who takes initiative and aligns with VMware's EPICC values
- Highly trusted individual who leads, maintains and expects high standards for self and team
- Proven business sense which appropriately balances creativity, entrepreneurship and risk taking
- A phenomenal communicator
- Empowered collaborator
- Dynamic presenter
Education we'd like to see
- Tertiary qualification in Business (or similar) and equivalent enterprise experience
- Professional sales training desired
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.