Partner Solution Architect, Federal & SLED
Washington, District of Columbia - USApply Now Job ID R1911253-1
Federal Partner Solution Architect
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
We value our partners who have chosen to work with VMware to help their customers reap the benefits of our Software Defined Datacenter, Cloud, Networking, Storage, and Digital Workspace solutions.
The Federal Partner Solutions Architect (PSA) will scale customer success with partners to strategically engage with a named list of VMware Solution Providers who are working in the GEH (Government, Education and Healthcare) space to help them build and sustain capable VMware practices. This particular position will work with Partners that are focusing in the Federal and SLED (State, Local and Education) segment.
You will act as a technical trusted advisor to a portfolio of partners. PSAs will focus on winning the hearts and minds of partner CTO, Practice Leader, Solution Architect and Delivery resources to positively influence capacity, capability and deployment related to VMware. You are required to have experience working with Federal or SLED partners and or customers.
• Engage with the partner to build and execute a practice activation plan, accelerate accreditations and certifications and track deployments.
• Assist partners with building their own portfolio of services offerings
• Work closely with technical teams and regional sales leaders to execute technical enablement plans.
• Communicate value proposition in terms of partners’ and customers’ business needs.
• Leverage strong knowledge of designing end-to-end solutions approaches encompassing products, services, processes, etc. based on customers’ requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Infrastructure architecture experience with significant depth around building, implementing, and managing critical cross-functional integration projects
• Architectural skills dealing with infrastructure solutions such as systems management, business continuity, advanced networking, storage architectures, cloud solutions, and programming experience
• Experience with design, implementation & support of IaaS, PaaS and/or SaaS
• Experienced and credible C-suite advisor with strong customer/partner relationship-building skills
• Demonstrated experience in evangelizing new product / solution technologies at or before market introduction
• Ability to guide customers/partners on organizational requirements to develop a datacenter or cloud practice to deliver professional services solutions
• Demonstrated ability to provide impactful knowledge exchange through mentoring, workshops, partner engagements and official training forums
• Demonstrated technical community leadership in capturing, developing, and sharing IP with the community at large as well as specific individuals to raise competencies
• Proven track record of selling solutions including consulting services
• Ability to see & present "the big picture" through strong listening & question-based selling skills
• Effective in working both independently and in a team setting
• Ability to uncover business challenges & recommend solutions to solve those challenges
• Experience leading a multi-discipline team project
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral, are required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
• Up to 30% travel
• Preferred Location: Washington DC Area, East Coast or Chicago
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub