Intern, Government Relations and Public Policy
Washington, District of Columbia - USApply Now Job ID R188932
VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Members of the VMware Global Government Relations and Public Policy work with a small, high-caliber team to connect all levels of government to VMware’s business goals. The work of this team contributes to the success of VMware and the positive profile of its Executive Staff.
Our team practices a collaborative, creative, results-oriented approach. We are a small team that likes to “punch above its weight.” Under the direction of the General Counsel, team members also have the opportunity to work with and advise VMware executives, elected officials, and policy makers. We handle, prioritize, and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously. This provides an excellent context to learn the many aspects of VMware’s complex business as well as a great opportunity to interact with interesting colleagues and important government officials.
We are seeking a highly motivated, talented, and intelligent intern for the fall semester. Reporting directly to the Vice President, you'll be an integral part of a team of federal and state lobbyists. You'll have an opportunity to research and work on the many issues facing technology companies as they relate to policy. During your internship, you will attend meetings and hearings on Capitol Hill, attend industry meetings, provide research, and support day-to-day initiatives and long-term strategies of VMware.
- Create newsletters, infographics, and other materials for internal and external audiences
- Research and provide analysis on policy issues surrounding technology, privacy, cloud infrastructure, and other issues
- Monitor and track industry news and related legislative developments using a myriad information sources
- Assist with additional projects as assigned
- The timeframe for this internship will take place during the fall semester.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or JD in political science, public policy or similar field
- Significant public policy, government, political science, or international affairs coursework is necessary
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and leadership skills
- Strong and demonstrated research skills
- Of the highest degree of personal and professional integrity and ethic
- A practical and active problem-solver who possesses strong business sense and is confident, mature and calm under fire
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a rapidly changing environment, but be focused when needed on the matter at hand
- Experience with graphic design and/or HTML
- Prior experience with an elected official or state/local government
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub