Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Warren Township, New JerseyApply Now
Regional Sales Director, VMware
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
VMware Sales has two primary goals: delivering solutions that solve our customers’ key business problems and meeting the company’s bookings target to keep VMware growing and strong.
Our approach is to forge deep relationships built on understanding our customers’ businesses, along with their current and future challenges and opportunities. We’re dedicated to helping accelerate their digital transformation with VMware’s innovative solutions that provide the speed, agility, and innovation needed to remain competitive and spur growth. We’re also focused on making the world a better place by giving back in the community and participating in other activities in our local communities.
We’re looking for people committed to solving our customers’ biggest challenges with VMware’s portfolio of industry-leading solutions. You can share in the success of a 20-year industry pioneer that’s turning companies into truly digital enterprises.
Job Role and Responsibility
The Sales Director is a position that is responsible for leading a team of Account Executives or Sales Specialists. You will be responsible for building and managing an experienced sales team and acting as the front-line executive to recruit management team. In turn, ensuring that these managers effectively recruit, hire, develop and lead a tiered sales team.
- You will have the ability to build a complex territory strategy to ensure both short- and long-term goals, objectives and quotas for the sales managers and their teams
- You will generally split time 50 – 50 between managing a team and customer interfacing calls
- Works closely with their extended sales team (including, but not limited to SE Manager, PSO Manager, Inside Sales Manager, Channel Manager, Recruiting, etc.) to generate new business opportunities
- 5+ years of management experience of 4 or more direct sales manager reports in a fast paced, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment
- Minimum of 10 years in managing quota carrying sales teams with demonstrated achievement
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven ability to manage a horizontal, extended resource team to support the direct sales team
- Proven ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations
- Extensive experience directly and indirectly through a management team negotiating large 7 figure deals with extremely complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations
- Proven track record working directly and indirectly through a management team with OEMs such as IBM, HP, Dell, SUN, etc. to build strategic and cooperative sales campaigns together
- History of direct and indirect (through a sales management team) coordination with an internal set of multifunctional teams such as Systems Engineers, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Channel Management to ensure target quotas as achieved and exceeded
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like:
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team - Analyzes available data and makes decisions which are best for VMware
- Education/Experience - BA/BS degree or higher
Travel: 50%+ of the time
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.