Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
We are looking for a senior Java developer - Staff Engineer - to join a compact distributed and dynamic team. You will be responsible for contributing code to a fresh Disaster Recovery solution. You will have opportunity to influence development of a new product!
The following technical expertise is needed:
- Strong Java programming skills (minimum 8 years of professional programming experience).
- Experience with Spring framework, Maven and Git. In general, solid grasp of software development lifecycle, including Unit and Integration Testing, Code Reviews, Source Code and Dependency Management.
- Hands-on skills in vSphere and vCloud Director management are valuable.
- Excellent communication skills in English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Self-motivation, proactive mindset, willingness to work without a close supervision - you will be working in a distributed team, after all!
- Transform product requirements to design specifications. Review and contribute to specifications written by others.
- Realise design specifications in code. You will be building a REST service, which is part of a bigger solution.
- Work closely with management, QA and security teams to fix bugs and implement new features.
It will help if you have:
- Previous DR or HA product development contributions.
- Hands-on virtualization experience.
The team you would join is diverse and consists of people working from different countries, hence you should enjoy and can work with people remotely by means of emails, chats, VoIP and virtual meetings.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.