Cloud Operation Lead
Tokyo, - JapanApply Now Job ID R1812629
Virtualization is at our core. With the rapid rise of cloud services, and end-user expectations of access from anywhere, enterprises are struggling to enable their users to be productive while securely accessing their applications from any location on any device. Desktop and App Remoting is one of the key technologies that can bridge this divide by supporting any network connected device while still giving IT the control they require. As part of the Virtual Workspace Services team, we deliver secure remote access to virtual desktops and apps, enabling end users to access them using a broad spectrum of computing devices. We are focused on the reduction of cost and complexity, bringing additional value to the IT customer as well as the end user. Market analysts such as IDC, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and others rate this technology as a game changer and high growth area over the next 5 years. When you choose VMware as your employer, you are choosing to be a part of that game changing community. Join us in working towards transforming computing, and moreover, changing the way business is done.
VMware Horizon Cloud delivers virtual Desktops and Applications as a Service to enterprises.
More information at: https://www.vmware.com/products/horizon-cloud-virtual-desktops.html
As a Sr DevOps engineer, you will be a key member of the Japan desktop cloud team at VMware responsible for managing the overall cloud infrastructure for the Horizon Cloud service. You will globally partner with SRE, architecture, core development, QE, and product management to ensure alignment, awareness, and consistency throughout the organization. You will also be the primary liaison between VMWare Engineering and the customer’s senior technical team. The role requires familiarity with current DevOps practices including CI/CD, automation, infrastructure orchestration, and cloud service delivery.
You have a background in software development with strong operational discipline. You are a highly motivated individual who enjoys taking on challenging initiatives and is capable of working both independently and with others as a team.
- Lead deep-dive technical sessions on application, network, and storage architectures for the Japanese customer base
- Engage in deep-dive discussions on design decisions, enhancements, and customization proposals with the customers
- Articulate data and application workflows to the customers
- Design, build and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure and tools to deliver the Horizon Cloud service
- Design and Develop the test automation to validate the builds in the CI/CD pipeline
- Work closely with Japan, US, and India based engineering teams to ensure that we design solutions with customer user experience, scale/performance, and operability in mind
- Work closely with the local technical support team and the global operation team to improve operation and communication process
- Work closely with the product management to announce the latest code and feature release to Japanese customers
- Help customers to follow the latest Horizon Cloud code release and coordinate upgrade schedule and help customer to understand upgrade requirements including customer call and customer visit
Requirements and preferred skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience with Python or other scripting languages such as Perl, Ruby etc.
- Experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD processes for enterprise SaaS and on-prem applications with tools like Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Expertise in Linux System Admin and Bash Scripting
- Experience with configuration management using tools like Ansible, Chef, Fabric, Puppet or SaltStack
- Hands-on experience in build and administer VMs and Containers using tools such as Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes.
- Experience in crafting and maintaining cloud based solutions with Azure or AWS
- Familiarity with logging and monitoring technologies such as Nagios, Log Insight, Elasticsearch, or Datadog
- High comfortability in driving, presenting, and articulating complex architectures to customer senior engineering teams
- Fluent in Japanese and English
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub