Senior Member of Technical Staff - QE
Tokyo, - JapanApply Now Job ID R1907645
In End-User Computing at VMware we are in the business of helping customers bring Business Mobility to reality: transforming their mission critical applications, building and managing the next-generation desktop, and helping industries shift core business processes and operations to drive results only possible in today's mobile environment. With over 45,000 customers around the globe, our End-User Computing team is helping companies deliver work at the speed of life and our technologies are leading what's happening next for users across the enterprise.
You’ll be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success culture. This is a rewarding position for people who love to solve problems, revel in figuring out complex problems, work with core infrastructure, and have a thirst for learning.
- Perform both manual and automated tests on mobile and web-based applications
- Implement code to streamline automation and reduce cycle times
- Resolve customer escalations/technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Work directly with technical support staff, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and training methods
- Partner with engineering teams to stay informed of new technologies being introduced and to ensure that system components are designed for testability.
- Production, high tier and general troubleshooting support
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
- Solid track record of challenging projects, showing 8-11 years of experience testing enterprise software
- Good communication Skills – Spoken and Written Japanese & English
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, managers and other country engineers on technical issues
- Basic knowledges in Relational Databases such as Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL, MySQL, etc.
- Experience in Web Application testing, iOS/Android Mobile Device testing
- Excellent client/server and application troubleshooting skills
- Experience building and executing automated scripts or experience with automation tools such as Appium, Selenium, Cucumber, Ruby etc
- Strong understanding of different software development lifecycles (Waterfall, Agile/SCRUM) along with the ability to effectively leverage change management software solutions
- Experience with BDD and/or TDD (Behavior/Test Driven Development) is a plus
- Experience in building applications using C, C++, Objective C, Java, Kotlin, Swift, C# is a plus
- Experience using Atlassian tools is a plus. (e.g. Stash, JIRA)
- Experience using CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins) is a plus.
- Desire to work in an exciting environment, working on interesting projects and delivering new technologies and products to the marketplace.
- Hard-working with a "whatever it takes" attitude.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub