Member of Technical Staff(Workspace One エスカレーションエンジニア)
Tokyo, JapanApply Now
In End-User Computing at VMware we are in the business of helping customers bring Business Mobility to reality: transforming their mission critical applications, building and managing the next-generation desktop, and helping industries shift core business processes and operations to drive results only possible in today's mobile environment. With over 45,000 customers around the globe, our End-User Computing team is helping companies deliver work at the speed of life and our technologies are leading what's happening next for users across the enterprise.
You’ll be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success culture. This is a rewarding position for people who love to solve problems, revel in figuring out complex problems, work with core infrastructure, and have a thirst for learning.
- Perform both manual and automated tests on mobile and web-based applications
- Implement code to streamline automation and reduce cycle times
- Resolve customer escalations/technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Work directly with technical support staff, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and training methods
- Partner with engineering teams to stay informed of new technologies being introduced and to ensure that system components are designed for testability.
- Production, high tier and general troubleshooting support
- 5 years+ of experience technical support engineer for enterprise software
- Experience in building applications using C, C++, Objective C, Java, C#
- Experience in Web Application testing, iOS/Android Mobile Device testing
- Good communication Skills – Native level Japanese, Business level English
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, managers and other country engineers on technical issues
- Basic knowledges in Relational Databases such as Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL, MySQL, etc.
- Excellent client/server and application troubleshooting skills
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
- Experience building and executing automated scripts or experience with automation tools such as Appium, Selenium, Cucumber, Ruby etc
- Strong understanding of different software development lifecycles (Waterfall, Agile/SCRUM) along with the ability to effectively leverage change management software solutions
- Experience with BDD and/or TDD (Behavior/Test Driven Development) is a plus
- Experience using Atlassian tools is a plus. (e.g. Stash, JIRA)
- Experience using CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins) is a plus.
- Desire to work in an exciting environment, working on interesting projects and delivering new technologies and products to the marketplace.
- Hard-working with a "whatever it takes" attitude.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub