Year Placement - Partner Marketing EMEA
Staines-upon-Thames, United KingdomApply Now
Year Placement - Partner Marketing - EMEA
The EMEA Partner Marketing team is a key function in VMware’s highly successful (EMEA) Europe, Middle East and Africa business. Our team of marketers work closely with both Corporate and EMEA marketing, as well as partner sales teams to design, build and execute innovative and impactful marketing programs. The team manages all aspects of Partner Marketing spanning communications, events, demand generation and brand awareness to, through and with VMware’s extensive partner network.
The Partner Marketing Intern is responsible for providing support for the development and execution of marketing communications, programs and campaigns designed to achieve the sales and marketing objectives of the VMware EMEA business. The successful intern candidate will be exposed to all elements of field marketing disciplines including direct marketing, partner marketing, product marketing, customer marketing and operations. The intern will receive substantial guidance, feedback, and mentoring from the team to help improve their marketing skills in a fast paced technology environment. The intern will also have the opportunity to independently develop solutions to assignments and improve skills.
The Partner Marketing Intern will:
• Have budget and administrative workflow responsibilities to support Pan-European Team
• Be a central hub for communications to the wider Partner Marketing Manager community.
• Manage the bi-weekly Partner Marketing Manager EMEA wide call including speaker recruitment and support.
• Leverage Microsoft Teams to support ongoing engagement within our internal community.
• Support with event management
• Liaise with external marketing agencies to drive effective program execution
• Special projects: support the execution of the EMEA Marketing off-site, an annual event for all EMEA Marketing Team members focused on development, training and networking.
• Program management – working with the team to ensure high quality execution of key marketing programs throughout the internship – focus on Partners and VMware Marketing programs.
• Marketing Operations - working with marketing operations to ensure data quality across campaign executions and effective budget management
• Manage partner communications
• Undergraduate or post-graduate in a business studies or marketing degree from a recognized university. Candidates must be eligible for a formal year industrial placement as part of their studies
• An enthusiastic self-starter, a team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment
• Motivated and organized with the ability to multi-task
• Basic understanding of information technology and its use in business
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with business to business marketing concepts
• Intermediate level Excel skills
• Proficiency in Spanish, German or French would be a bonus
The Partner Marketing intern will gain invaluable experience in business to business high technology marketing with a global leader. The combination of planning, practical execution and exposure to a wide range of marketing disciplines will ensure that they contribute to VMware business success and can demonstrate proven marketing skills.
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub