Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Services and Consulting
Services and Consulting
UK/Ireland Technical Account Business Manager
Staines-upon-Thames, United KingdomApply Now
UK/Ireland TAM Business Manager
Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs.
Our culture is one of possibilities where everyone is empowered to achieve success on their own terms. Together we are helping customers in crafting the future of their business in a digital world.
Are you a dynamic, individual who counts ownership, accountability, hard work and tenacity among your strengths? If teamwork, customer focus, excellent communication, thinking-out-of-the box and problem solving is your forte then the role of TAM will stretch and utilise all of these attributes.
TheRole–UKI Technical Account Manager (TAM) Leadership Role
The UKI Manager of TAM program is a motivated, result driven individual that manages the TAM program at a GEO Level. In co-ordination with the UKI leader, NEMEA leader and regional & global TAM leadership, the Manager is responsible for the program direction, business performance & financial viability, sales & marketing alignment, people management and customer satisfaction. As part of the Professional Services Organization (PSO), you will build, lead, and maintain all TAM (Technical Account Manager) activity for the UKI region. You will be responsible for accelerating customer outcomes and success with VMware solutions, resulting in enhanced customer satisfaction and deeper strategic relationships. You will actively innovate to accelerate the growth and impact of the team while ensuring key business and operational goals are met.
For the UKI customers you will be the focal point for everything that is related to VMware, for different teams and levels, from the most technical to the most senior executive. You will collaborate and guide them in their journey to be market leaders by using the newest and most advanced solutions in information technologies.
You will also play a key part in representing your customers in VMware, sharing their experience and wishes with the account teams, support and product managers, helping to draw the shape of our products and contribute your point of view for our shared success.
Finally, you will lead by example, demonstrating our EPIC2 values and supporting the personal growth and continuous development of your team.
- Elicits support for change in the VMware TAM program. Provides feedback into PSO organisation on issues / changes related to TAM service
- Understands and appreciates the business competitive landscape that VMware faces in the market place. Uses this background knowledge to develop the VMware TAM program.
- Regular engagement with regional field resources to develop and enhance customer facing exercises (for example: sales initiatives, marketing initiatives, customer satisfaction, case studies, selling the value of TAM, etc.)
- Manage with UKI and Global Marketing and plan for TAM events including VMworld, vForum and other TAM events
- Actively involves and able to articulate the benefits of the VMware TAM service to both internal & external customers
- Collaborate with global & regional stakeholders to develop, evolve and maintain a comprehensive business plan for TAM program aligned to the top priorities of the Geo & Regions and maximising the cross-organisational benefits to sales enablement of Services, License, SE and BU product management resources
- Continuously drive constant improvement within the program to increase the customer experience, drive further adoption and grow the business
- Manage, track and report on the financial aspects of the TAM program including Revenue, Costs, Margin, utilization, adoption, Renewals, CSAT, NPS etc
- Ensure productivity of team and financial viability balanced out with near-term financial performance metrics versus long-term practice goals
- Own the documentation of local variance methodologies and practices on deploying VMware TAM based services and solutions in order to enable the TAM program to continuously improve
- Work collaboratively with global TAM program to share critical IP and to determine IP gaps from the Region field
- Build and maintain the confidence of colleagues, managers, and customers
- Work with and make accountable VMware business partners (GSS, Operations, HR, Recruitment, Sales, Legal, and Finance) for delivering their dependent services to the TAM program.
- Work with Region & Global Marketing to continue to build internal & external reference material on local customers.
- Recruit, lead, and mentor a team of TAM’s
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to VMware product management teams based on customer requirements
- Contribute in documenting standard methodologies in developing and deploying VMware solutions
- Experience of successful Business and P&L Management
- Experience of technical team management
- Business insight and analytical skills in technical, financial and program management disciplines
- Passion for innovation and business growth
- Proven experience in team success and development
- Previous change experience in an evolving business
- Understanding of modern datacenter and hosting operations
- Experience with modern software development methodologies
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including ability to interact and communicate at Senior Management Levels.
- Ability to build trusted relationships
- A good broad knowledge and understanding of the VMware technology stack
- A sound datacenter platform understanding – Enterprise Architecture knowledge or Solution Consulting
- Have knowledge and experience of strategic / consultative sales process
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to juggle multiple customer requests
- Ability to work In a matrix organization.
- 8 years of experience in the software industry with a minimum of 3 years in services management, including people management
Personal Attributes and Competencies:
- Is personable and well presented
- Is political/social astuteness aware
- Is able to communicate effectively with all levels of a VMware and customer organisation (eg. Technology individual to CIO’s) and vary the message and content based on audience
- Is results focused
- Can demonstrate perseverance against adversity
- Has personal pride in the quality of work delivered
- Demonstrates ownership and responsibility for what has been committed
- Has excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Has a strong business and financial acumen
- Has the ability to collaborate with other peers and stakeholders effectively
- Is able to manage their time effectively
- Has the ability to travel (nationally & internationally) up to 40% when required.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
We truly believe in the Power of Human Difference. At VMware, we celebrate our people from a wide variety of dynamic backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We deliver transformative IT solutions by building a community that is inclusive and diverse. The passion and collaboration you will find in joining the team is what makes this opportunity one of the most attractive in the market.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
VMware is a recognised global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application
With revenues of $7.92 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who believe in our EPIC2 values - execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.