Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Services and Consulting
Services and Consulting
Technical Account Manager
Staines-upon-Thames, United KingdomApply Now
Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs.
Our culture is one of possibilities where everyone is empowered to achieve success on their own terms. Together we are helping customers in crafting the future of their business in a digital world.
Are you a dynamic, individual who counts ownership, accountability, hard work and tenacity among your strengths? If teamwork, customer focus, excellent communication, thinking-out-of-the box and problem solving is your forte then the role of TAM will stretch and utilise all of these attributes.
As a Technical Account Manager, you will build and maintain relationships with VMware's largest and most complex customers. These customers are typically adopting VMware’s software portfolio across their data-centers.
At those customers you will be the focal point for everything that is related to VMware, for different teams and levels, from the most technical to the most senior executive. You will collaborate and guide them in their journey to be market leaders by using the newest and most advanced solutions in information technologies.
You will also play a key part in representing your customers in VMware, sharing their experience and wishes with the account teams, support and product managers, helping to draw the shape of our products and contribute your point of view for our shared success.
- You will provide Leadership for customers major VMware initiatives
- You will co-ordinate cross functional VMware teams – Professional Service, Support Services, Specialists, Product Engineering
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line
- Lead multiple requests across simultaneous client engagements
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to VMware product management teams based on customer requirements
- Contribute in documenting best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions
- Collaborate with the customer to derive the greatest benefit from the adoption of VMware technologies
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including ability to interact and communicate at Senior Management Levels.
- Ability to build trusted relationships
- Demonstrated ability in customer-facing positions, preferably as a professional services consultant
- A good broad knowledge and understanding of the VMware technology stack
- A sound datacentre platform understanding – Enterprise Architecture knowledge or Solution Consulting is definite plus
- Have knowledge and experience of strategic / consultative sales process
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to juggle multiple customer requests
- Ability to work independently and in a virtual team setting
- Business insight and analytical skills with the ability to inspire change
- It would be favorable for candidates to have a current VMware Certified Professional Accreditation
- Experience of co-ordination and collaboration with cross functional teams
- Enterprise Architecture knowledge or Solution Consulting is definite plus
- A Knowledge of or experience of DevOps / Application development
We truly believe in the Power of Human Difference. At VMware, we celebrate our people from a wide variety of dynamic backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We deliver transformative IT solutions by building a community that is inclusive and diverse. The passion and collaboration you will find in joining the team is what makes this opportunity one of the most attractive in the market.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
VMware is a recognised global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application
With revenues of $7.92 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who believe in our EPIC2 values - execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.