Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Finance
Join our team of motivated professionals in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’ll take your critical thinking skills to the next level as you use analytical tools, build connections, and contribute to the growth of our company.
Sr Finance Manager
Staines-upon-Thames, United KingdomApply Now
Senior Finance Manager, Professional Services Finance
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach. With VMware solutions, organizations are creating exceptional experiences by responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
Do you want to guide decisions that influence a $7+ billion-dollar technology business? Do you want to work for an employer consistently recognized as one of the best places to work? Do you want to work in a collaborative and thriving environment?
The Professional Services (PS) Finance team’s overall mission is to provide trusted and insightful financial information to enable the executive team to make effective decisions that increase shareholder value. PS Finance team has a strong focus on business partnership and initiatives to strengthen the quality, efficiency, and scale of financial information produced.
Roles & Responsibilities
VMware’s PS Finance team is seeking a world-class Senior Finance Manager to be a key member of its team. You will be the finance partner to the leadership team in EMEA Professional Services, with the ownership of the full P&L and end-to-end finance process for VMware EMEA PS business unit. Key responsibilities include:
- Engage with business partners across the organization to understand PS requirements and demands, improve governance framework and influence business decisions that increase shareholder value.
- Establish strong business partnerships with EMEA PS leaders as well as across VMware departments to drive profitable growth and achievement of financial targets.
- Develop and continually improve financial models that enable you to analyze costs, identify key business drivers and success metrics and compare to 3rd party benchmarks.
- Play a key role in the annual planning process and lead deep dive analytics into business challenges to support corrective action, decision making, and investment portfolio trade off.
- Drive visibility of financial performance and provide forward looking recommendations to preempt the negative trend.
- Be accountable for monthly, quarterly, and annual financial process, as well as the quarter-end close, forecasting and analytics activities.
- 10+ years of finance experience, including at least 2 years of full P&L ownership
- Previous professional services experience is highly desired
- Strong leadership skills with experience in managing off-shore team
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership in ambiguous and frequently changing environment
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Passionate, high-energy, impactful teammate
- Hands-on ability with analytical tools & systems
- MBA, CPA, or equivalent experience
At VMware, we dare to reach our goals in a collaborative, thriving environment with shared values. The acronym EPIC2(Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community) represents the hallmark of our VMware culture, and what we stand for as individuals and as a community.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.