Senior University Talent Recruiter
Staines-upon-Thames, United KingdomApply Now
The University Recruiter is an integral member of the University Talent team at VMware. As a member of this team you will work directly on our University recruiting strategies. You will provide full-cycle recruiting support including the selection process, screening and pre-qualifying applicants, interviewing, salary negotiation and closing of candidates. You will advise and guide hiring managers during the entire staffing process.
- Responsible for the recruitment and selection of candidates. Prepares and delivers all required feedback and correspondence to applicant/candidates.
- Functions as a technical specialist - sourcing, recruiting and identifying candidates for highly specialized and difficult-to-attract positions.
- Responsible for crafting and implementing recruiting strategies within the University space.
- Collaborates with managers to understand the skills required for each position in order to effectively match candidates to needs.
- Educates and coaches hiring managers in VMware’s employment processes including interview techniques, selection process and hiring system processes.
- Prepares and present offers of employment while ensuring all necessary pre-employment paperwork and documents are provided by candidates prior to start of employment.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers on suitability of candidates to the job, the team and VMware.
- Implements hiring practices to ensure all documentation, interviews and actions are consistent and follow all legal and ethical standards.
- Responsible for ensuring a best in class “candidate experience” throughout the recruitment process.
- Coordinates pre-employment reference and background checks.
- Sells VMware, the position and the career opportunity through knowledge of VMware, its culture, benefits and products.
- Works independently and within a team on special, non-recurring, and on-going projects. Conducts research and analyzes data on assigned projects.
- Partners with fellow University Recruiters and Campus Managers
- Meets assigned metrics in all staffing activities.
- 6-8 years of recruiting experience with preference given to supporting a fast-growing environment.
- Experience executing all stages of the recruitment process including strategy and target development list, identifying, sourcing, screening, interviewing, referencing, closing and follow-up.
- Experience with University Recruiting or University Campus Management is a plus.
- Creative thinker who is able to successfully target candidates with out of the box sourcing strategies.
- Shown success driving successful placement in a high volume rapidly changing environment.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to lead multiple simultaneous projects in various stages of completion.
- Results-driven, organized professional who effectively handles contending priorities.
- Strong strategic and creative thinker who can distill recruitment strategy into actionable plans and who may execute on those plans.
This is an initial 1 year contract role with a strong likelihood of extension.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub