Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Marketing
Are you a marketing whiz? Dare to communicate around the world as you put strategy into action through integrated marketing plans in digital, print, email, webinars, trade shows and more.
Senior Director, NEMEA Marketing
Staines-upon-Thames, United KingdomApply Now
VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure and digital workspace technology, accelerates digital transformation by enabling unprecedented freedom and flexibility in how our customers build and evolve IT environments. With VMware solutions, organizations are improving business agility by modernizing data centers and integrating public clouds, driving innovation with modern apps, creating exceptional experiences by empowering the digital workspace, and safeguarding customer trust by transforming security. VMware is a member of the Dell Technologies family of businesses. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? .
The Role: Senior Director, Northern EMEA (NEMEA) Marketing
Reporting to the VP, EMEA Marketing, the Senior Director for NEMEA Marketing will lead a fantastic field marketing team across UK, Benelux and Nordics. Your mission is to align VMware’s goals with the local needs of the region, delivering an integrated scalable marketing plan that spans awareness & thought leadership, demand generation and longer-term customer/partner engagement.
Routes to market include a vast Partner Ecosystem and a Direct sales model, with license and SaaS delivery models. Audience targeting spans C-Level through to technical practitioners and developers across Global Accounts, Enterprise Accounts and SMB.
Your NEMEA Marketing team will leverage pan-EMEA and corporate campaigns, assets and content that are solution oriented and customer centric, whilst creating innovative local programs for further amplification of key marketing themes.
Your leadership and measurement will focus on:
- Directing, developing and supporting the NEMEA marketing team
- Supporting the sales and pipeline objectives for NEMEA (across Enterprise & SMB)
- Improving VMware’s brand perception in the region (across customers, partners, press and other influencers)
- Deepening C Level engagement and influenced pipeline
- Managing a significant budget of Opex and partner development funds
- Being a senior sponsor and advocate of major change management programs impacting marketing
This role sits on both the EMEA Marketing Management team and the NEMEA Management Team.
- Proven International IT B2B Marketing experience, ideally within an integrated marketing model
- Comfortable operating in a highly matrixed environment, i.e. multiple Business Units, countries, segments, go-to-market channels, and budget sources
- Business-oriented marketer, capable of linking strategy to planning, through to execution
- Strong negotiator and storyteller (both internally and externally)
- Team player and excellent relationship-builder
- Can easily balance between ‘leader’, ‘player’ and ‘coach’
- Uses data to support intelligent decision making, without losing sight of the big picture
- Fluent in English (other languages are beneficial)
- Staines based and able to travel when needed to other locations across Europe and occasionally the US.
- And of course, we want you to be EPIC2 – our values - ‘execute’, passion’, ‘integrity’ ‘customer focused’ and ‘community focused’ – values we are proud of.
Education, Training, Experience
- BA Degree or equivalent required (MBA or equivalent is ideal)
- History of building strong stakeholder alignment – particularly with sales
- A track record of talent development and distributed team management (multi-country)
- Previous pipeline responsibility
- Spokesperson experience (additional training will be provided)
- Good balance of direct and indirect (partner/channel) marketing
- Familiarity with the evolving role and value of the marketing technology stack
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.