Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Services and Consulting
Services and Consulting
Senior Consultant – NSX
Staines-upon-Thames, United KingdomApply Now
Senior Consultant – NSX
Overview of VMware
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2016 revenues of $7.92 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 22,000 employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their IT strategy. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning software-defined datacenter.
As a VMware Network and Security Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for driving VMware NSX infrastructure integration projects. You will be focused on designing and implementing VMware Network Virtualization and Security solutions based on VMware vSphere and NSX technologies.
VMware PSO is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest NSX technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey. We will sponsor your enablement and certification up to and including VCDX certification.
- Assessing client's network infrastructure and the VMware Software-define Datacenter solution portfolio
- Understand and articulate the impact of Network Virtualization and Security to a customer’s physical IP network, operations and future network and networking security architectures.
- Plan virtualized network infrastructure roll-outs and migrations with a particular focus on NSX.
- Hands-on implementation of NSX for enterprise customers.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends.
- Maintain working knowledge of competitive architectures.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in network virtualization and cloud computing.
- Independently conduct small to medium engagements with customers.
- Work in a team of consultants to design and implement sophisticated SDDC solutions comprising the entire VMware product stack
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware vRealize Suite product stack and Cloud concepts
- Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware "productized" consulting service offerings and enhancements to our methodology, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
- Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
Required skills and attributes
- Experience in customer-facing positions as an Architect or Professional Services Consultant, preferably with an IT consulting firm, Networking Vendor or Systems Integrator.
- Proven track record of successful enterprise networking project delivery.
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences including Network Architects.
- Understand datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed, both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based.
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills
- Ability to work independently or work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be comfortable with up to 65% travel when required.
- Full clean driving license
- A high level of energy and enthusiasm
Certification and Education
- CCDP, CCNP, VCP-NV or similar required. Ideally you hold a CCIE or VCIX-NV certification.
- Experience with vSphere, Windows Server
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum or demonstrated equivalent experience.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience or good understanding of any of the following cloud management systems: OpenStack, vRealize Automation, vCloud Director (vCD)
- Solid understanding of REST APIs and datacenter automation.
- Project management or governance experience and familiarity with PRINCE2, PMP or TOGAF frameworks
- Practical knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
Applications are considered both from individuals currently working in the physical networking space who would like to move into the Network Virtualization and those already working within Network Virtualization/SDN.If you are highly qualified in physical or virtual networking you should apply
Why Choose VMware
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
Apply Now - Let’s shape the future of what’s next together.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.