Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Services and Consulting
Services and Consulting
Staff Architect - NEMEA PSO
Staines-upon-Thames, United KingdomApply Now
Overview of VMware:
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2016 revenues of $7.1 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 20,000 employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their SDDC strategy. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning software-defined datacenter.
VMware PSO is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest Cloud technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey.
We will sponsor your enablement and certification up to and including VCDX certification.
Work for the global leader in cloud infrastructure and virtualization solutions
As a PSO Staff Architect you acquire intimate knowledge of the customers’ business, its strategic goals and the specific requirements of an SDDC project. You will be demonstrating the technical abilities of the consulting team, you lead, drive and lead a solution that assists the customer in achieving their business goals and outcomes. You are a solution level subject matter expert with broad knowledge across the VMware SDDC technology stack and of 3rd party integrated products. In addition to customer facing delivery, Consulting Architects also create and drive standard methodologies and provide some pre-sales support.
You will take ownership of business outcome of SDDC projects through:
- Technical contribution and guidance in project planning
- Requirements Capture
- Solution Design
- Solution validation/Technical feasibility analysis
- Impact analysis of change requests/scope change
- Technical Governance
- High Level Conceptual design
- Quickly identify Organization Structure/Culture changes required to support a successful project or post-delivery outcome and the ability to tactfully articulate the changes required for the benefit of the customer.
- Quickly recognize and understand customer Business Processes which integrate with project inputs and outputs and the ability to make recommendations for areas of improvement.
- Create Strategic Plans with the Services Business Managers, pre-sales and customer to build out the delivery roadmap. Can “vision” new services and requirements which had not been previously identified by the customer generating new business, work-streams and platforms.
- Work with project manager on project budget, resource planning and all aspects of efficient delivery.
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware SDDC product stack and cloud concepts.
- Actively drive practice activities such as:
- Coaching team members
- Intellectual property capture and service creation
- Pre-Sales (LOE, Deal Governance)
- Peer Review
- Drive Efficiencies in Delivery Model
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to travel as needed within the NEMEA region
- A high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Several years of actively delivering IT infrastructure projects based on VMware technologies.
- Several years and recent experience in architecting and designing Data Center Automation, Private & Public Cloud Solutions
- Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services architect, consultant or engineer, preferably with an IT consulting firm or a software vendor
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills
- Excellent and confident communications and interpersonal skills
- Proven and practical knowledge of VMware vSphere
- Experience with workflow systems and / or automation solutions and portals
Certifications & Education:
- Currently hold the VCP 5.x and/or 6.x certification and ideally hold VMware VCAP/VCIX certifications
- Industry certifications from vendors such as Cisco, EMC, Citrix and Microsoft
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum or demonstrated equivalent experience.
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- A broad range of vSphere or vRealize design experience in medium to large environments
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies such as DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean.
- A breadth of experience across the core VMware Cloud Infrastructure Management stack however training will be provided
- Project management experience and familiarity with PRINCE2 or PMP frameworks
- Project governance experience and familiarity with the TOGAF framework
- Practical knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Experience delivering one or more of the following projects
- Infrastructure Automation / Scripting Project
- Private / Public Cloud implementation
- Server or desktop virtualization
- Server consolidation or refresh
- Linux/Solaris administrative knowledge
- Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.