Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Legal
Become a trusted advisor, who gives innovative and strategic legal advice to VMware’s global operations. Our integrity-driven legal team upholds the highest standards of business and professional conduct while helping us achieve our goals.
Junior Employment Counsel
Staines-upon-Thames, United KingdomApply Now
Job Description – Junior Employment Counsel, Special Projects, FTC
VMware (NYSE: VMW) VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
VMware has an opening for a Junior Employment Counsel in EMEA on a one-year fixed term contract, potentially with the option to extend, to join a dynamic EMEA employment law team. This person will be based in our offices in Staines (UK) and will report to the Director, Employment Counsel EMEA, also based in Staines. This position would ideally suit a 3-5 year Qualified lawyer. The primary job responsibility is to support the Director Employment Counsel EMEA in providing the employment law aspects of VMware’s growth strategy, including the creations of new entities in EMEA, potentially with global work opportunity. The work is fast paced with, at times, a demanding workload. However, this would be a really exciting and interesting role for a junior lawyer, with a great opportunity for professional development, with the ability to actively participate in a fast-growing industry and Company.
- Primarily supporting employment law team in the creation of legal entities by providing support and legal advice to the project group, including HR, recruitment, compensation and benefits and global teams within VMware.
- Liaise with VMware’s network of outside counsel that are supporting the new entity creation.
- Provide general day to day employment law advice and support across our various entities across EMEA.
- Assist on merger and acquisition activity.
- Assist and advice on any company restructures and terminations, including the negotiation of any settlement agreements.
- Draft employee documentation such as contracts, offer letters, company policies and for disciplinary and performance issues.
- Provide legal advice for escalated disputes and litigation.
- Qualified Attorney with the right to work and practice law in the UK.
- Employment law experience, ideally with exposure to other EMEA or global jurisdictions.
- Flexibility with regard to working hours to accommodate time zone differences when necessary.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Collaborative team player with a sense of humour essential
- Creativity in developing constructive solutions to legal risks.
- Must be able to work independently, manage a heavy work load in an exciting fast paced growth environment and exercise good judgement.
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role considering its nature, seniority and other relevant factors.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.