HR Management Partner - UK - Contract
Staines-upon-Thames, United KingdomApply Now
The HR Generalist role provides direct HR support to people managers from front-line through executives within a specific organization/region. This support includes coaching managers and assisting with HR related questions and/or issues, educating managers on VMware HR tools, processes and policies and supporting in the design and delivery of VMware’s people programs. The work includes meeting with managers one on one, conducting group training sessions and being a liaison between the managers and various HR Centres of Excellence (COEs).
- Coach people managers at all levels with their growth and development to help them become more effective leaders and managers
- People Programs support: consult and advise managers in support of Company Wide and or local People Programs: Compensation planning, performance management, goal setting, talent reviews, facilitate calibration sessions, having difficult or effective conversations, how to develop your employees (IC or people managers), etc.
- Project work in partnership with various HR COEs in support of the design, development and implementation of HR programs
- Coach managers through people related issues as well as formal VMware processes
- Assist managers with policy interpretation and compliance
- Facilitate New Manager Assimilation
- Coach managers on Employee Relations issues
- Work with senior leaders and executives on their respective HR/People plan
- Includes hiring, diversity and inclusion plans
- Partner with other HR functions and internal resources to execute corporate-wide HR initiatives and client specific programs
- Provide support and insight to the HRBP, HR leadership and COEs in support of the overall HR and business strategies
- Identify trends or concerns of organization health (business or geographic)
- HR Generalist / HR Business Partner experience with direct client support and management coaching experience
- Experience of working with a sales leadership team within the UK.
- Knowledge of regional employment laws and practices for the UK
- Demonstrated competence in the various HR functional areas: consulting/coaching; leadership development, compensation etc.
- Ability to leverage change management/organizational initiatives
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Is Proactive in an unstructured environment and requires minimal supervision
- HR Certification preferred
- Prior experience with a technology company preferred
Flexible Working Schedule considered for the right candidate.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub