Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in HR
Head of People Development - EMEA
Staines-upon-Thames, United KingdomApply Now
Continuous learning fuels innovation. The leader for the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Global People Development (GPD) team will be a fearless innovator who drives the people development needs across the geography and all lines of business including Product, Go to Market and Business Operations. S/he will report to the head of Global People Development and be part of a worldwide team designing and delivering best in class global professional, leadership and management development solutions that accelerate talent potential. The successful candidate will work closely with their global GPD counterparts, local HR Business and Management Partners and the EMEA business and functional leaders. S/he will be a thought leader accustomed to working in a fast-paced and growing company and unencumbered with legacy mindsets. Success in this role will be measured against the impact and return on investment we see from our investment in people - our most important asset.
· Consult with and partner to the business leaders on their organization and talent development needs to drive sustained business performance and increased employee engagement and productivity
· Drive Global professional, leadership and management development programs and solutions (performance, top talent, career development, succession, values/organizationalculture, new employee orientation, etc.) for all lines of business, adapting only as needed for regional application. Bring a bias for leveraging global content, building locally only as needed.
· Strongly contribute on a worldwide level to identify and drive global solutions for all regions and lines of business. Be a bridge builder across the physical and organizational boundaries to integrate and align businesses and ensure our approaches to development are consistent, aligned, and efficient.
· Continually assess organizational strengths and improvement opportunities to drive a future oriented talent strategy.
· Deliver learning solutions and experiences that are powerful, scalable and have lasting and sustained ROI.
· Be a trusted advisor to the HR Business and Management Partner community to provide expertise and subject matter expertise as they work with managers and leaders to improve the performance of their businesses.
· Use multiple sources of data to analyze and ensure a strong return on our people investments.
· Align and integrate GPD offerings with those of the other HR functional disciplines such as Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition and Inclusion & Diversity.
· Partner with Sales Enablement and R&D Technical training teams to ensure alignment and integration across the VMware-wide learning and development portfolio.
· Able to program manage and lead large - scale interventions both locally and globally
· Solid project management experience and budget management proficiency, ensuring highest ROI for our investments.
· Passionate about learning, developing people and unlocking their potential.
· Enjoy and excel at facilitating learning sessions/ workshops, developing and designing solutions.
· Energized by working with diverse people and building alignment for needs and solutions.
· Curious mind with a bias for learning and exploration, especially around new ways of working and employee development.
· Interest in, and engaged by a technology driven culture, product and solution set.
· Confident and articulate, with the ability to connect with a broad range of stakeholders.
· Collaborative on a global scale on people programs that support individual and organizational development in alignment with the company’s culture.
Education / Experience Requirements:
· At least 10 years of diverse HR experience with domain specific expertise in leadership and management development, team effectiveness and facilitation
· Strong consultative skills including the ability to diagnose the health of the business, translate business challenges into organization and talent opportunities, and partner across the business and HR to design learning and experience-oriented solutions that improve business and employee performance
· Proven track record of quickly establishing credibility and building strong and productive working relationships both domestically and global across a variety of business and HR partners
· Keen knowledge of the external landscape with strong knowledge of emerging trends and emerging talent and business solutions, technologies and development approaches
· Extensive experience conceiving, designing and implementing key HR programs and initiatives
· Demonstrated success working as part of a global business team
· A seasoned talent professional with experience in talent management, learning and OD across multiple business lines
· Strong written, oral and presentation skills
· BS/BA/advanced degree or equivalent in Organizational Development, Learning design or related fields
· Experience across multiple European, Middle East and African countries a plus
The position will ideally be based in Staines, UK, but Cork, Ireland and Sofia, Bulgaria are also options. Modest travel (1-2 times per month), primarily within the region will be required and can usually be scheduled in advance.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.