Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Client Solution ArchitectJob ID R1904429 Date posted 04/11/2019
Why work for VMware PSO?
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. We are committed to the satisfaction and success of the customer and their technology strategy. We ensure that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning software-defined datacenter.
We are dedicated to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in your area of interest within the VMware software stack. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a fun, dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey. We will provide the chance to take part in various company sponsored enablement programs.
Your role as a Services Solutions Architect will be as a technical pre sales resource in the UK covering our North EMEA Global Accounts.
Our PSO Services Solutions Architects work closely as part of the PSO Sales team to build customized solutions to fit our customer’s exclusive business needs. Building a solution will include you to be involved with activities such as running workshops, conducting client interviews, secondary research, input from the Account Team, working with specialists, product managers, and other area of our business.
You will be in a technology leadership position and you should feel comfortable in leading the development of solutions. You will be responsible for the architecture of complex transformational strategies.
- You will participate in the pre-sales process to understand our customer's business, technical objectives, and product requirements
- You can develop Vision Strategy and Roadmaps deliverables to meet technical solutions
- You will lead the technical discussion with the customer in our process to gather requirements, make high level and low level designs and scope the deployments.
- You are comfortable presenting in customer meetings as well as larger audiences, including technical CxO level
- You have the competence to think past the products and create solutions to meet the business/IT needs
- You will ensure that proposals and Statement of Works are technically sound, deliverable, competitive and representative of market leadership in the application of our technology to address business issues.
- You will be leading the technical solution conversation including estimation of effort calculations, identifying and mitigating project risks, defining service descriptions and detailed work packages.
- You will obtain and provide continuous valuable customer feedback from the field to our Corporate Teams to make recommendations on future service offerings.
- You will maintain proficiency in VMware service offerings, value propositions, and representative case studies
- You will be a part of our VMware PSO Sales processes and methodologies on all opportunity pursuits as well as participate in account relationship and issue management activities
- You will contribute to our frameworks & design patterns for solutions and develop reusable domain solutions, and mentor our internal & external partners on the use of the tools.
Required Skills & Experience:
You have domain level understanding in one or more of the following areas:
- Virtualization (Design of Storage, Compute and Network)
- Infrastructure (Data Center Design, Networking, Systems Hardware, System Architecture, Systems Management & Security)
- Platforms (Application Development, Application Design)
- Desktop (Desktops Architectural Design, Desktop Management, End-user Mobility)
- You have several years business development experience in a consulting and/or professional services environment and experience working in a technical capacity (e.g. Infrastructure, Development, Desktop or Systems Management)
- You possess an excellent mixture of Technical Skills, Business Insight, and a strong desire to support our customers.
- You have exceptional listening skills, interpersonal skills, ability to tackle complex problems, be a big picture thinker and hold the ability to visualize the solutions
- You have a solid understanding of the detail behind the solutions and have the capability to communicate these at a high level vision.
- You have many years of experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
- You have strong presentation, executive client management and business development skills as well as superior organisational and observance skills.
- You understand data center architectures and can have a conversation with our customers architects or equivalent
- You are available to be onsite or remote with our customers in region up to 50% of the time
- You hold a Bachelors or Masters degree or equivalent technical training
- You are fluent in English
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Certifications in technologies related to Infrastructure, Development, Desktop and/or Systems Management
- You have been involved with delivering projects in the past at the customer site or within a vendor in the Datacenter area
- What we offer:
- • Learning and Development: Tuition reimbursement, internal talent mobility programs, Borathon (employee-led hackathon ), R&D innovation offsite, technical boot camps, Sales Academy, Worldwide Sales Kickoff, and speaker series
• Competitive Compensation and Benefits: Employee assistance programs, rewards & recognition programs, discount services, and employee-led cultural celebrations
• Health and Wellness: Company-wide team fitness challenges, flexible work schedules, unlimited vacation time, free healthy snacks and drinks, and fitness facilities and gym-reimbursement.
• Give Back: To the causes closest to your heart with 40 paid service learning hours each year through the VMware Foundation Citizen Philanthropy Programs
• Open Doors and Shared Offices: Promote learning, teamwork, collaboration and fun in comfortable communal gathering spaces.
• VMInclusion programme: VMInclusion is an enterprise initiative to harness the power of human difference to drive great business outcomes for employees, customers and shareholders. It is led by CEO Pat Gelsinger; Chief People Officer (CPO), Betsy Sutter; and executed by the VMInclusion Council, a group of VMware business leaders. Each organization and geography's action plan addresses how to influence our culture to grow diversity talent through recruitment, development and retention.
Everything we offer is based on our EPIC2 values:
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.