Sr. Consultant - Federal Team PSO
Phoenix, ArizonaApply Now
Want to join an elite team of experts that leads clients to the future of IT?
Do you want to join an industry leader, a top rated Fortune 100 Best Places to work company?
At VMware we want to hire epic people who match our culture – people who will push us, amaze us and drive us forward. In return, we offer you the opportunity to define the future of IT for yourself and our clients. We will provide you with a fulfilling and dynamic work environment while helping our clients implement their end user computing and cloud solutions leveraging VMware technologies.
As a member of the Federal professional services delivery team, you will work among an exclusive group of experts that not only have a front row seat as future of our industry unfolds, you will have the opportunity to define to the future of IT.
We provide you access to top training, R&D, product management and professional services resources to assist you in implementation of EUC and cloud technologies for our Federal Civilian and Health Care customers.
Our Federal Consultants are not stuck behind a desk doing the same thing day in and day out. You will work directly with customers on designing and deploying VMware technologies to maximize our products potential.
VMware Federal Professional Services Consultants love their jobs – apply to learn more and find out why!
- VMW PSO promotional materials: http://bit.ly/2dOPpmU
- VMW Professional Services (PSO) overview: http://bit.ly/2dOOt1O
- VMinclusion (The Power of Human Difference): http://bit.ly/2dOuX5B
- Cloud Services video overview: http://bcove.me/jm5tnku2
- Why our clients choose VMware: http://bit.ly/2dOvHb5
- VMware Cloud Management Blog: http://bit.ly/2dOuj83
Job Role and Responsibility
As a VMware Consultant in our Federal Practice, you will provide our broad base of customers with technical leadership and will be deploying solutions (install/ configure) to solve business problems using VMWare products, services leveraging VMW’s proven methodologies and internal IP.
As such you will bring a deep understanding of the industry, technology, competition and trends impacting the cloud business. Additionally, you will help our customers walk through the cloud journey.
Are you passionate about a role where you will be designing and implementing the future of IT?
- Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferably with a Federal Systems Integrator or “Big 5” consulting organization.
- Consistent track record in consulting for at least 5+ years’ implementing solutions to customers around cloud & virtualization.
- Possess documentation skills that can be termed as professional and have the experience of writing up technical documentation around solutions such as requirements definitions, solution overviews, architecture and design documents etc.
- You have excellent communication skills with an ability to have the right level conversations with various stake holders within the customer space. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, Infrastructure team and developers.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly. Should have a passion for technology and a hunger for learning and developing himself/herself.
- Experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development.
- You can assist in the development of standard reusable VMware “productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates.
- Ability to document standard methodologies in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for best practices by customers and partners.
- When required, support in the pre-sales process to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements, in order to develop effective solutions and estimate level of efforts to deliver such solutions.
- Professional experience in architecting/operating solutions built on VMware platform
- Deep understanding of Virtualization and Virtualization concepts and VMWare products.
- Programming/Scripting skills (e.g. PowerShell, Java, Perl, Ansiable)
- You will bring knowledge and experience designing and developing solutions using VMWare’s Core Cloud Infrastructure and end user computing components (vSphere)
- Min 3 years’ experience with networking technologies
- Strong knowledge if storage capabilities and virtual storage
- You will have knowledge of different Cloud Models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Identity Manager, CMDBs, etc.)).
- Knowledge of broader network infrastructure components (e.g. TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, DNS, etc).
- Practical understanding of Unix or Linux systems administration skills and Windows operating systems.
- Secret Clearance or Higher
- VCP6 or greater certified
- CCNA or Higher
- Travel: up to 75% to 90% domestic travel required
- VMWare’s Cloud automation tools (vRealize Automation/vRealize Orchestrator)
- Knowledge and experience in designing and developing solutions using VMWare’s Cloud operations and management tools (vRealize Operations Manager, Log Insight Manager) or experience with other application and infrastructure management and monitoring tools
- Security+ certification
- VMware certified processional certification (VCP)
- Non-VMware Cloud Solutions (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, etc)
- Programming/Scripting skills (e.g. PowerShell, Java, Perl, PowerShell,)
- An understanding and experience with automation/configuration management using tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent
VMware Certifications must be obtained 60 days after hire if do not have already
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub