Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Consulting Architect SDDCApply Now Job ID 80859BR Date posted 02/17/2017
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their SDDC strategy. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning SDDC solution.
VMware PSO is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in your area of interest within the SDDC stack. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a fun, dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
As a PSO Consulting Architect you acquire intimate knowledge of the customers’ business, its strategic goals and the specific requirements of an SDDC project. Leveraging the technical abilities of the consulting team, you lead, drive and own a solution that assists the customer in achieving their business goals and outcomes.
You are a solution level subject matter expert with broad knowledge across the VMware SDDC technology stack and of 3rd party integrated products.
• Take ownership of business outcome of SDDC projects through:
o Technical contribution and guidance in project planning
o Requirements Capture
o Solution Design
o Solution validation/Technical feasibility analysis
o Impact analysis of change requests/scope change
o Technical Governance
o High Level Conceptual design
• Quickly identify Organisation Structure/Culture changes required to support a successful project or post delivery outcome and ability to tactfully articulate the changes required for the benefit of the customer.
• Quickly recognise and understand customer Business Processes which integrate with project inputs and outputs and is ability to make recommendations for areas of improvement.
• Create Strategic Plans with the Services Business Managers, pre-sales and customer to build out the delivery roadmap. Can “vision” new services and requirements which had not been previously identified by the customer generating new business, workstreams and platforms.
• Work with project manager on project budget and all aspects of efficient delivery.
• Actively drive practice activities such as:
o Coaching team members
o Intellectual property capture and creation
o IP Creation
o Pre-Sales (LOE, Deal Governance)
o Peer Review
o Drive Efficiencies in Delivery Model
• Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware SDDC product stack and cloud concepts
• Ability to travel as needed within the NEMEA region
• Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services architect, consultant or engineer, preferably with an IT consulting firm or a software vendor
• At least 5 years recent experience in architecting and designing SDDC solutions
• Ideally experienced in Agile Project Methods
• Understanding of cloud native application concepts
• Multiple VCAP certifications or VCDX certification
• TOGAF certified
• B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Fluent in English
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.