Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
UI Engineer for vSAN
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
- Unique career options in one of the biggest software companies in the world
- Impact on leading virtualization and cloud products products. VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners who will use the product you develop.
- Work with a highly motivated teams having deep core values, such as proper execution, passion, integrity, customers care, and community.
- Focused effort on your professional development via many initiatives helping you improve your technological know-how and experience, soft and leadership skills and many other aspects of your IT professional growing needs.
- Your strong and creative contribution will be highly appreciated, recognized and awarded, both as coding skills and leadership,
- Your innovative ideas's will be much easier to be realized with VMware, as the company puts a lot of emphasis on the patenting, innovation-to-market internal programs and funding of R&D projects.
- Freedom to work without close and daily supervision, we believe in the proactive goal-oriented attitude serving both your career and company's good.
- Work by following latest development methodologies like XP (extreme programming) and Scrum
- Design and implement the UI of the next generation architecture of VMware's virtualization products
- Be part or lead a software development team working in collaboration with management, user experience in a test driven development model
- You will provides direction and guidance to other team members
- You will define/analyze the product requirements, write/read functional and design specifications, write/support the code
- You will perform code reviews to the rest of the team members and will receive code reviews of your code as well
- You will be part of VMware's high-standard internal processes during the whole development cycle – idea, patent, requirements, specifications, designs, implementation, bug fixing, QA, support, etc.
- You will have opportunities to work both in classical and modern development methodologies.
- You will be able to influence and work on performance fixes or performance testing of the product
- Demonstrates a full competency and comprehensive knowledge of one or more technical fields
- Programming knowledge – UI development, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Experience in web development and building of APIs
- Experience with Java
- Willingness to learn other programming languages and technologies
- Good knowledge in English
- Good communication skills
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.