Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
The Information Experience team consists of over 90 writers, service engineers,, and managers that work directly with product and project teams across the software development lifecycle to deliver documentation for major and minor releases of VMware Products and SDKs. Team members must have the flexibility and versatility to adapt to the challenges that work on products with broad scope and scale can bring. The team prides itself on meticulous, fast-paced, high quality documentation. It is never boring!
As a Senior Technical Writer you will create documentation for technical end users, system administrators, and developers. You will author content in DITA and use a CMS to manage and deliver it. You will write installation guides, admin guides, API guides, and release notes. You will contribute to the user interface design of products and to the production of video material for VMware products.
- Design content in an XML-based authoring toolchain in collaboration with global product teams and subject matter expert
- Gather information from different sources (interviews engineers and subject matter experts, design documents and specifications, and using pre-release software)
- Create and update documentation and help systems for minor and major releases
- Prepare content for publishing
- Create videos
- Review the human-readable strings in user facing interface
- Be a customer advocate
- Follow established processes and best practices for the design and creation of technical content
- Support and contribute to departmental goals
- Detailed resume, motivation letter, and a portfolio of writing samples (if available)
- At least 3 years experience in a technical role - thorough knowledge of the software development process is a must
- The ideal candidate is able to understand, explain and use complex technologies, has good working habits, and excellent communication skills
- Excellent command of the English language – ability to edit and organize information, ability to explain clearly complex technical concepts, and create accurate procedural and reference information
- Experience writing and editing technical content
- Experience using technical instructions in day-to-day job
- Solid planning and scheduling skills, experience working within tight deadlines
- Strong self-management and decision making skills
- Experience working as part of globally distributed teams
- Academic degree in computer science, another technical field, or Journalism
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, CSS
- Knowledge of a programming language is a plus
- Must be flexible and enjoy working with new technology in a dynamic environment where requirements change rapidly
- Knowledge of information design, structured writing, XML, and DITA is a strong plus
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.