Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Staff Product Designer
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
A Product Designer is responsible for the end to end experience of a product, a project, or a feature. This starts with the initial research that comes with understanding the customer, business and technology space to specifying end to end workflows, interactions and experience. A product designer collaborates with cross-functional product teams across the globe, to create experiences for challenging problems around cloud computing.
A Product Designer is expected to:
* Work with their product management and engineering teams as well as other designs to help define product goals, requirements and represent user’s point of view throughout the product planning process.
* Design the workflows, wireframes, prototypes, sketches, and final delivery mockups, to illustrate design solutions.
* Work with the engineering team to deliver those workflows the same way they were envisioned. Remember that a design is not "done" until it is actually delivered to customers.
* Work with the design, product management, and engineering leadership to improve the design and product development process.
* Verify and improve on designs through reviews, validations and formal usability testing with end users.
* Ability to rapidly prototype and deliver multiple iterations and versions of a design to quickly advance VMware's product portfolio. Speed and agility are extremely important.
* Have the ability to make sensible design decisions even when not all data is available and be able to figure out and correct possible mistakes that ship or are discovered before shipping a product or a feature.
What we look for:
* Expert skills defining and analyzing user flows and workflows.
* Expert skills in interaction design with a grasp of UCD process.
* Story telling - ability to tell simple user stories illustrating solutions.
* Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
* Agile, adaptable, and capable of delivering new products and features.
* Possess a very high level of comfort in working with developers in the presentation layer (for example, HTML, CSS).
* Good aesthetic sense and attention to details.
* Strong prototyping skills.
* Experience with conducting user research is a plus.
* Online portfolio.
Design at VMware:
We're a dedicated team that moves fast, upholds design quality, values consistency and simplicity, and focuses on customers and their needs. We work together and value "we" over "me". We believe in inclusion both within our team and in the way we build products and make that clear in the way we hire, design, and execute. We value growth and encourage, not just respect, our differences. We're the organization to "get it done" together. We're not afraid to make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow together as a team and an organization.
We love what we do and build products that are used by hundreds of thousands of productive individuals and organizations around the world.
This position is eligible for the GrowDesign referral campaign.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.