Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
GTIX is an organization that develops platform for partner oriented services and solutions. Our key role is to help VMware partners all together with internal VMware organizations to deliver solutions to our customers. Our key areas of development are:
- Web applications based on microservice architecture (Marketplace/ VSX, PartnerHup, VIVA)
- Infrastructure & DevOps
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence
As a developer in our team you will have the opportunity to build high tech applications that will have significant impact over VMware`s portfolio. You’ll be part of a bright engineering team that has a culture of open communication, collaboration, and innovation. We are looking for engineers who have a strong self-directed work ethic and make it happen mindset. Applicants are expected to be articulate, detail-oriented and highly analytical. You will be working with teams all across VMware. You will participate in all phases of product, including: gathering requirements/user stories, system architecture, the design/prototyping process, authoring specifications, implementation, and testing for features developed.
Applicants should exhibit experience in building distributed applications, APIs and fault-tolerant solutions. Members of the team focus on highly scalable solutions. Experience in the use of virtualization and container as a key technology to design and implement applications that solve real-world problems is required.
- Be an individual contributor in an R&D development team working on the following areas:
- VMware Marketplace platform (including https://marketplace.vmware.com/vsx/)
- The development work will include both frontend and backend with the following skill set requirements, mainly focusing on the backend;
- Backend: Java, Play Framework 2.x, Microservices architecture, GO
- Familiarity with OAuth, JWT, SAML, SSO, Authentication, and Identity Federation
- Experience designing public web service APIs
- Familiar AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Other: MySQL, Elasticsearch, Git
- Collaborate with a group of software engineers (local and offshore) to deliver on software projects using proven development processes (Agile/SCRUM).
- Work with internal customers (Product Management and Development) to gather requirements to deliver creative solutions that meet needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability and realistic implementation schedules.
- Work with Infrastructure teams such as DevOps, ITOps, and Networking to drive high levels of customer satisfaction for tools engineering solutions.
- To be highly experienced in building multi-tier, scalable, enterprise level products or components.
- Expertise on designing of highly reliable, available and distributed services.
- Excellent presentation, interaction and communication skills along with the ability to collaborate effectively across functional organizations.
- Experience participating in agile and test driven development models.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Strong initiative and the desire to experiment with new technologies
- Strong knowledge and experience with technologies and methodologies like: Java, OOP, MVC, and Play Framework
- Knowledge of AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes is a plus
- BS/MS degree or above in Computer Science or equivalent engineering
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.