Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Staff Engineer, Cloud-Native Applications
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter. Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. VMware is one of the fastest-growing public software companies. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide the more than 20000+ passionate people we employ in 120+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
VMware R&D IT and Emerging Technologies group is looking for a Staff Engineer, Cloud-Native Applications to build and lead VMware's next generation Subscription Billing Platform to support VMware's SaaS product offerings. You are empowered to drive strategy, roadmap and execution for the SaaS billing platform. You will co-engineer platform features with R&D Engineers.
Our organization supports VMware R&D function with platforms and systems capabilities. In addition, we are transforming our software delivery practices to bring in greater agility. We also use mobile and IoT technologies to deliver new digital experiences for employees, customers and partners. We value innovation and empower our employees to do their best work and grow their careers at VMware. You will be responsible for our critical SaaS billing platform and drive its transformation from a monolith to microservices based architecture.
Job Role and Responsibility:
As part of our expansion plans, we are building a new team out of Sofia, Bulgaria. This provides a unique opportunity to come and be part of new team from Bulgaria. You will be responsible to lead a scrum team and to deliver a scalable and API based platform and be responsive to fast evolving business needs. You will work directly with a Senior Engineering Manager and business leaders to build the roadmap and communicate progress to leadership staff directly.
You love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You have strong technical programming skills and have and love to build cloud-native applications
- You enjoy working with some of the best engineers, architects and product managers
- You can lead and mentor a bunch of energetic junior software development engineers
- You normally set high standards for yourself and strive to excel and to innovate
- 8+ years software development and client engagement experience
- Experience with distributed systems and web architectures
- A deep understanding of cloud service and deployment models
- Proven Java, Spring and Microservices development background
- A deep understanding of container technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes and the tools and challenges around them
- Experience with Platform as a Service (PaaS) such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku or similar
- Working in an Agile environment and ability to bring in Software Engineering best practices
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Proven Presentation Skills
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry Developer and/or Operator Certification
- Technology conference presentation experiences
- Open source contributions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.